Chapter 28

Harlows POV

Still the same day....

All during school I couldn't concentrate. All I could think of what was going on with Mom and Angelo. Also never mind the fact one of my brothers were also breathing down my neck. Mostly Jordan since we have most classes together. Apparently Angelo gave Lucas strict orders to keep an eye on me. Whatever.

Once I had gotten home I did my homework to get my mind off of everything. I know weird me doing homework.

I had walked into my wardrobe to change into something more comfortable since I wouldn't be going anywhere today. When a brown wooden box caught my eye on my top shelf.

Not any wooden box, my Moms old jewelry box. I grabbed my desk chair and brought it into my wardrobe. Climbing up and grabbing my Moms old jewlery box. It had collected dust but I quickly wiped it off.

Sitting on the ground my legs criss-crossed. My hands admiring the engravings on the jewelry box. When I opened it up it had the same red velvet lining. Everything was still there.

Here engagement and wedding ring, a necklace with her name engraved and another necklace it was a pendent two hands holding a heart.

I look down at the one with her name. I pick it up and run my fingers over it. I could feel the tears daring to fall as I look down on the necklace. I just hoped that she kept her promise.

"What's that?" I hadn't noticed but Xavier had walked into my wardrobe. I looked at him then back at the necklace.

"Hey are you crying?"

"Harl are you okay?"

His voice was panicked and he came over to me. Placing two fingers under my chin to look up at him.

"Whats wrong?" He asked again. I just ignored him and patted for him to sit beside me. If this was the old Harlow I would of told him to get out.

He took my gesture and sat beside me criss-crossed looking down at the jewelry box then looking at me.

"It's Moms. She was going to sell it for money butI couldn't let her. She would only regret it. So I hid it." I let out a shakey laugh. Thinking about how she went mad looking for the jewelry box.

"Can I have a look?" He looked at for me for permission. I nodded.

He picked up her two rings. They were both hefty rings. Her engagement ring had a silver band and a huge round cut shape diamond. Her wedding ring was a little more simple it was another silver band with incrusted diamonds. On the inside it had engraved 'Us Two And Them' whatever that ment but it must of ment something special.

"So what are these?" Is he really that stupid. Is it not obvious what they are.

"Her engagement and wedding rings" he then made an 'O' shape with his mouth. Yep. Definitely not smart.

He then picked up the pendant with the two hands holding the heart. That was one thing that wasn't hers. It was mine. It was given to me.

"So whats this?" Xavier said holding it up by its silver chain infront of my eyes.

I sighed.

Then I started to smile. Memories of the person who gave me this necklace came all back. A happy time in my life. Not to last long though.

"Her name was Marie..she was an old lady who lived down the hall from us when we were younger. Since me and Roman couldn't get a job. Never mind take care of ourselves at the age of seven she would take care of us. She was amazing." The smile brightened on my face.

"You speak of her as in past tense." Xavier said. My smile immediately dropped.

"Thats because she isn't here anymore. She died when I was eight. We had grown so close, we were like her grandkids. Since she didn't have any of her own." I took a deep breath I could feel the tears welling up in my eyes. I had never talked to anyone about her.

"She died right beside me. In her bed where she belonged. She wanted me to be by herside. Just before she had closed her eyes. Marie gave me her necklace that had been given to her by her grandmother. She told me to pass it on to my child."

I could feel the tears rolling down my cheeks. Xavier quickly pulled me into a hug.

"As they say all good things must come to an end. She was that good thing in my life at that time. Like I was to her." I sat back gently taking the pendent and turning it around to the back.

I rubbed my fingure over the back.

"What does it say?" Xavier said peeping over he hadn't noticed it. I didn't etheir until one day I took a close look and I noticed it.

"Us two together forever" Thats why me and Roman say that to eachother. It reminds us we have eachother and that everytime I wear this necklace she is with me forever. I should start to wear this more.

"Can you help me" he nodded and helped me put on the necklace.

"So you never told me why you came into my room?" I asked raising an eyebrow. He rubbed the back of his neck with his hands.

"I came looking for some of my jumpers" he smiled sheepishly and I laughed.

"You think..hahaha..your..ahahha.. getting...ahahha..them..hahah..back" I couldn't help it he wasn't getting them back.

"Yes?" He asked more of a question.

"Well then you shouldn't of locked me in your wardrobe then I wouldn't of had my eye on any of you hoodies." I stuck my tongue out and he just laughed.

I packed up everything and placed ot back up on the top shelf with the help of Xavier.

"GUYS COME DOWN WE HAVE A GUEST!" Angelos voice boomed. Since when did he come home?

Me and Xavier made our way to the living room confused. When we were walking downstairs the first thing I heard was.

"Mom!"

"What the hell is she doing here?"

There we go Chapter 28..

Hopefully it wasn't short. :) But we got to know a bit more about Harlow and a bit of Harlow bonding time with Xavier which is nice.

What do you think is going to happen in the next chapter?

Do things make more sense now or are some people still confused?

Any opinions??

Thanks for reading. Don't forget to vote and comment.....

Suggested by KyleeOrtega