Chapter 16

Harlows POV

Few hours earlier...

I was back in my old house sitting on our springless couch. It felt like I was watching my childhood all over again. Seeing my mother sniffing the white stuff up her nose with a piece of rolled up money. The white stuff was lined up in small striaght rows on our small, dining table.

I sat there holding onto my teddy tightly. Wondering what my mother was doing and what it would it be like to try. She looked so relaxed after she had took it.

Then its like I had teleported into the bathroom. I could hear all her crys telling me how "sorry" she was as she threw up. My head was spining.

I reapeared back on the couch a bit older. It felt like I was watching myself through a TV screen. A man walked in holding hands with my mother as I sat on the couch. They were both drunk and high out of their minds. He came close to me.

He had a gruffy beard, wrinkles at his eyes, his teeth were all roten. He look like a scuffy, sketchy man. When he had noticed me sitting the couch. His mouth formed a smirk.

"How about she joins us?" He slurred pointing at me.

"No. She won't." My mother defended.

"What do you mean she won't? Who do you think your talking to?" His anger was starting to build up. But I sat on the couch defenceless it was like I couldn't move. Frozen in my spot.

"I said my child won't join. She is too young." My mother defended.

"I'll show you some respect. You will do what I say.." Fear started to creep on me. I couldn't help. I was stuck in my spot. He walked over to my mother slapping her and pushing her to the ground. Slapping her. All I could do is watch till...

I finally lept up infront of my mother defending her....

'Smack'

I gasp for breath as I wake up. Sweat soaked my pyjamas. I might aswell be in a puddle. Looking over to the time, it was one in the day. Weird. No one had woken me up.

Thinking back to the nightmare, it was something I didn't want to remember. Something I had stored far in the back of my mind. The incident. It happened some what like my dream except. Once he hit my mother I stepped in. I woke up unconscious the next day.

After that mom never brought around any more men. Roman had found me unconscious on the floor and my mother unconscious on her bed.

It looked like she got laid in the end. Nothing like that had ever happened before. But it opened my eyes more. Thats when I started to fight even more because I wanted to protect my family and never be defenceless again.

A bad feeling in my stomach grew. It was warning that something was going to happen but I didn't know what. I had the house to myself today since everyone had plans. Sitting up, taking more deep breaths to calm my racing heart. Deciding to get up and have a shower to wash all the sweat off.

Letting the water run down my as I just stand in the shower. Trying to keep the bad and sad memories at bay. One thing I needed to figure put was what could have triggered this memory. I glance down at my tattoo "the sun will rise". Reminding myself that even my drunken self choose this. I needed something to be my remember that its okay not to be okay everyday.