Chapter 35 : THE PROMISE

Published On : 20/9/2020

Veer POV

No wonder why she is like this today. She is no more the same Adhira I used to know. She was brave girl who always stood for herself.

When she said that she was raped I felt like someone slapped me so hard across my face. A pang of pain hit me.
She was crying hysterically, and face was showing only pain, pain and pain. How's that possible ? This is the first question came in my mind.

Daow never mentioned to me this. If this is the case then why she didn't raised her voice ? Why she is leaving life like an orphan ? Why her family hate her ? Does they know what happened to her ? And the most important question ,

Why Ritesh lied to me ? Why ?

For the first time she opened her heart to me. When she was narrating me, her face was reflecting so many emotions, hurt , betrayed , regret and anger.

She was seating next to me and I was holding her hands in mine.

" Everything ended there. The Adhira everyone used to know died there. He broke me physically as well as mentally. He broke me to beyond repair ", She with blank eyes. Seeing her broken state something broke in me. I felt so much guilty for accusing her for the sin she never did. I never had any idea that she went through so much. I was guilty will be a understatement, I was angry on that Kunal. He touched my Adhira in disgusting way and also played with Daow's feelings. Daow would have

She should have trusted Adhira. So maybe this is not the way it is today. Perhaps the incident that happened to Adhira would not have happened. Once she should have spoken to me openly. I wish you told me all at the right time So maybe today both of you would have a different life. Both too would be happy in your lives.

I don't understand just for mere pleasure why boys like Kunal don't hesitate to destroy girls life.

I'm also her culprit. I also hurt her. I mentally disturbed her. My heart was crying for insulting Adhria, for being cold with her, for mistreating her.

She looked in the blank and continued ," I did a mistake by thinking that she trust me the same way I trust her but no she proved that how wrong I was",

Then something clicked in my mind. That pictures Kunal send to Adhira, why she didn't showed it to her ?

I put my hand on her shoulder and lifted her chin up to face me, " Adhira why didn't you showed her that intimate pics Kunal send you ? ", I asked out of curiosity.

Adhira smiled sadly, " I showed her and there I felt now she trust my words. But very next moment she called Kunal and asked about it ",

" Then...",

" He already manipulated her so well. He come with the story that it was mistakenly send to me and again she believed him. I only heard about people become blind in love but that time I witnessed people also lost their ability to think ",

" When she again took his side that made lose my control and I raised ny hand on her ", this made me really shock. How can Daow behave like that ? Atleast she would have dig in the matter. That's why I never wanted to leave her alone because I know she is too naive for outer world.

" Why didn't you went to police ? ", As she heard me, her eyes filled with rage.

" I was drugged by him Mr. Shergill. Police never filed complaint of drunken or intoxicated person but I still I went, I went in hope that they will take some action against him but there I get only humiliation ",

Flashback

Adhira's POV

I felt pain only pain. My head was aching. I felt like someone was hammering hard on my head. My whole body was in tremendous pain. I tried to open my eyes, after what felt like eternity I managed to open my eyes. A sharp light hit my swollen eyes and as a reflex action I again closed it. Slowly adjusting with light I opened them. When I opened my eyes , first I scared , then I noticed my vulnerable bruised body in the ceiling. My eyes were swollen, on left cheek his hand were imprinted, my neck has blood clots. I felt disgusted of myself. I quickly covered myself with the sheets and cried my heart out. He was nowhere to seen. All my dream shattered in just one night. My life get destroyed in just one night. When I tried to get up I whimpered with sharp pain in my lower abdomen. My vagina and thighs were sore and there was blood stains. I asked myself why I am even alive ? I won't let him go so easily after destroying me. He deserve to be punished.