Untitled Part 7

Chapter 7 – Account Book

The sun in May shine brightly. The small lake in Gu courtyard was full of green and clear water rippling. Willows on the lakeside are sprouting and full of spring.

On the bluestone road, Su Qing yawned with spiritless following behind Gu Zifu. She had a heart disease in her previous life, so didn't have much in life. She was forced to rest and had an afternoon nap, as time went by it became a habit. When she was in the palace, she would ask Chuntao to wait outside, not letting to disturb her, and have a quiet sleep. But now, can someone tell her who has offended this Seventh Lord? He picked her up with one hand, and without any explanation dragged her out.

Su Qing begged for mercy, so Gu Zifu finally let go. She quickly went back to put on her socks and shoes, and straighten up her clothes before hurriedly following him behind. She didn't expect that Gu Zifu actually took her into the study.

When Si Ting came in with a high stack of account books, he saw Su Qing was also here, he was stunned for a while, until Gu Zifu glanced at him, he returned to his senses, put the books on the table and respectfully said: "Seventh Lord, the account books of courtyard and all the shops in the capital are here."

"Alright, go get an empty account book." Gu Zifu turned over a few pages and said casually.

"Yes."

Su Qing was also a little surprised, she asked in a low voice: "Seventh Lord, what do you need the account book for?"

Does he want her to learn to manage the account book?

As soon as the idea came out, Su Qing, herself was startled. She quickly shook her head dismissed the idea. It's impossible. She just came here for a few days, and... and this person just teased her in the morning, how could there be such a coincidence?

"Well, doesn't that old woman wanted to dig the wall from your side and separate the family?" Gu Zifu's finger pointed at the account book and the corner of his mouth cure up: "Just in time, no one in charge of these account books anyway. I'll hand them to you now. If something is missing ..."

He snorted coldly, but didn't continue.

Su Qing shivers subconsciously.....really has her manage the account books!

At the same time she was also shocked. When she went to see the Old Madam, hadn't Gu Zifu already entered the palace? But now, he seemed to know everything that happened at the small pavilion. Su Qing's heart shivered again.

Doesn't that mean she said bad things about him on that day......

Su Qing stumbles under her feet, feeling her collar tightened. When she looked up, seeing Gu Zifu frowning and looking at her with displeasure.

"What were you thinking about? If you dare to have any bad idea, I won't raise you."

"It's not like you raising me anyway." Su Qing muttered quietly.

Gu Zifu narrowed his eyes, stared at her for a moment, and twitched the corner of his mouth to reveal a strange smile.

This idea is not very good.

Ate his food, used his stuff, stayed at his place, and dare to say he's not raising her? Her gut is a little big now huh.

Su Qing didn't know what Gu Zifu was thinking. She only felt that Gu Zifu was extremely scary today. His foxy's eyes squinted slightly, as if he would open his mouth and swallow her in his stomach at any second.

After calming down her mind, she said in a low voice: "Seventh Lord, if you have nothing else to order, I'll start now."

Gu Zifu nodded in responded, and glanced around the room. Si Ting who was standing at the corner immediately turned around and went out, half a moment later he came back with a cushion mat, and chose the most comfortable chair to lay it down.