Untitled Part 23

Chapter 23 – Taboo

"I remember, seemed like I had never offended you before?"

In the yard, Su Qing moved her toes lightly and kicked the small stones on the ground several times.

When she just returned from the palace this morning, due to sleepiness, she totally forgot about Gu Li. When she went to get the medicine, she suddenly remembered it and asked Chuntao.

Chuntao is two years older than the original body and has been served in the Jian Zhi palace for a long time, but she said that she had never seen Gu Li has ever entered the palace, let alone Su Qing would have any conflict with him.

She's idle anyway, it's better to clear things up now. Otherwise, who knows she might get whip again.

Gu Li who was still sitting on the stair, gave her a glance once he heard her question and then looked away. After a long while, he scratched his head and said, "En, you have never offended me."

Su Qing: "......."

Her mouth opened slightly and eyes were filled with shock. After a moment of stunning, she walked up to him and asked indignantly, "Then why did you hit me with rattan this morning? And also scolded me."

"I....*coughed....."

Gu Li didn't dare to look up at her and kept coughing, "....all the sons of nobility in the capital said you are the beloved princess of the emperor. Not only did you have a bad personality, arrogant and bossy, you also like to bully the Seventh Princess. The seventh uncle likes to be quiet and doesn't like to be lively. I thought if you married in, you will create trouble and disturb Seventh uncle's peaceful rest. You might also try to poison....."

The more he talked, the more outrageous.

Su Qing was angry but also felt funny at the same time. She really wanted to find a big stone and knocked on his head to see if it contained flour and water.

"What about now?" Su Qing asked again.

Gu Li looked up, carefully looked at her eyes, coughing twice before saying, "Hm....passable."

What does it mean passable?

Su Qing felt most people in the Gu family found her unpleasant to the eyes, none of them looked at her in a good way.

While she was in a deep though, hearing a "creak" sound from behind her. She turned around and saw Gu Zifu wearing a new set of casual clothes and lazily leaning against the door.

"What was the noise early in the morning?"

Su Qing looked up at the sun that was about to set. Knowing the situation and quickly lowered her head.

Gu Li hurried got up from the ground and said with formality, "Seventh uncle, there will be a banquet in the house tonight. Would you like to join?"

Gu Zifu lifted his eyelids and said coldly, "Go there for what, just to see if this lord dies yet?"

Su Qing frowned lightly. Before her soul switched into this body, the original body of hers had congenital heart disease. She was prohibited from doing a lot of activities and had to do various tests from time to time. Living in such a restrained life, she really doesn't want to go through it again.

Seriously, she couldn't stand hearing the word "dead".

Seeing her little gesture, Gu Zifu beckoned to her, "Come here to this lord."

Su Wing glanced at him, after a moment of hesitation and walked over. However, when she was about two steps away from him, Gu Zifu raised his hand with his fingers flicking against her forehead.