Untitled Part 24

Chapter 24 – Hairpin

Su Qing kept in mind what Gu Zifu said yesterday, and woke up early in the morning even before the sunrise. Staring blankly at the veil above her head, the room was so quiet, she could hear clearly the sound of breathing of the person beside her. A faint hot air breathing on her neck, making her tickle.

Su Qing just moved her body slightly sideways, a big hand on her waist gently squeezed her, as if dissatisfied with her movements. Su Qing didn't dare to move anymore, her hazy eyes stared at the window, hoping the sun would rise soon.

As soon as she saw a slight light on the horizon, Su Qing breathed out in relief and carefully lifted the arm around her waist, removed the quilt and got out of the bed. She then carefully stuffed the quilt back before putting on her outer jacket, slowly opened the door and walked out of the room.

Maybe it's because she's going out today, after simply washing up, Su Qing called Chuntao from the next door and tried on the clothes in the cabinet one after another in front of the mirror.

Chuntao couldn't stop grinning, holding the clothes that she already tried, put them on the side and jokingly said, "Your Highness looked good in everything you wear. If the Seventh Lord sees you, maybe he will also praise you."

"Don't be saucy with me." Su Qing pretended to be angry, "Seventh Lord, only like to joke around daily, how can he praise others?" Despite having said that, she still made a few more turns in front of the mirror. Still feeling dissatisfied and changed into a pink dress.

After all, she is still a sweet young girl. It's a rare opportunity to be able to go out and see people. Thus, naturally, she wanted to dress herself up nicely. She repeatedly urged Chuntao to do her hair, seeing her being like this Chuntao couldn't help but felt funny. Chuntao picked up a wooden comb and combed her hair into a bun. She especially selected a bright-colored hairpin and inserted it into her hair and applied a light make up on her face. Her little red lips are even more distinct on the porcelain skin, adding with a light smile exposing the dimples looming on the cheeks, she's so pretty like a fairly.

When Shuangqiao came in, she was also stunned for a moment. She handed the money that just took out from the saft to Chuntao and said with a praised, "Madam looks so beautiful today."

"Ah?" Su Qing originally thought that Chutao was just joking with her, but now when she heard Shuangqiao say that, she lowered her head in embarrassment, her earlobes flushed red and looked shy.

She thanked her, "Thank you, Shuangqiao jiejie."

Shuangqiao smiled faintly, giving the two some words of advice before leaving the room.

Su Qing could not wait to go out, how could she be in the mood to eat breakfast. As soon as Shuangqiao left, she immediately pulled Chuntao and sneaked out from the back door.

The two went to East Street, which is the busiest place in the capital. There are also many stalls there, and very lively during the day.

The vendors are setting up their stalls at the moment. Su Qing couldn't stop walking as soon as she arrived at East Street. She was happy like an oriole, her eyes glued on the candied haws on the stick, the big and red one there. She bought two and gave Chuntao one.

At first Chuntao refused to accept it, fearing that the money was not enough, but when Su Qing showed her the silver in the pouch, she covered her mouth in shock.

"Why, why so much?" Chuntao looked at the bag full of silver.

Su Qing was afraid that a lot of silver would attract someone's attention, so she went to the shop and bought a few more pouches and separated the silver giving half of them to Chuntao.