Untitled Part 47

Chapter 47 – Enter the Palace

Wei Zhang was playing with the hairpin. When he heard her asking, slightly narrowed his brows and asked with a faint smile, "What? Ruo'er hoping him comes?"

It was just a simple question but somewhat giving people a shiver feeling.

The hall became unusually quiet.

Su Yingruo was thinking of the Seventh Lord, and blurted it out in front of Wen Zhang, without thinking much of it. But she knew that she still has to depend on him in the future, so she tried to calm down her upset, and quickly put an innocent smile on her face and said in a cute delicate voice, "What is the older cousin thinking about? The reason Ruo'er asked because the other day I heard the elder royal brother mentioned that he wanted to invite the Seventh Lord to this banquet. Furthermore, it's not like the older cousin didn't know that the troops at the border are under the Seventh Lord's controls. Elder royal brother has always wanted to pull him to his side. If the Seventh Lord enters the palace this time, maybe it could help improve their relationship. Thus, older cousin, you can't wrongly excuse me."

Wei Zhang turned around, raised his eyes to look at her. The corner of his mouth formed a smile, but not like a smile, "Ruo'er, you better put away this little thought. Don't forget what you promised before. I will not say anything to auntie, but it's hard to predict the crown prince's mind."

After finished saying, he didn't care to look at Su Yingruo gloomy face, swept his sleeve, and left the hall. At the outside door, he turned to look at the maids and said, "Serving the Princess well."

Su Yingruo stared at Wen Zhang's figure in resentment, crumbled the dress in her hands and threw it down on the ground.

Seeing that she's in a bad mood, the head of maid servants quickly dismissed the other maids and took the fan on the table to fan the cool breeze for her and carefully said, "Princess don't be upset. Since old time marriage is always decided by the parents but forgiving this slave servant for being bold. I felt the crown prince probably has already agreed to this."

Su Yingruo's delicate white hand caressed her own cheek, her eyes gleamed slightly, and said, "It's okay. Regarding this matter I already have a plan in my mind."

The older cousin is well versed in both civil and military affairs, courageous, and ambitious, receiving a lot praised from many ministers. The crown prince will put him into a good use after he ascends the throne. As for her marriage, she's afraid that she will be sent out as a bargaining chip.

But, what she Su Yingruo wants, even if it's ruined, she will definitely not allow it to be half tainted by others.

Bai Sao glanced at the expression on her face, knowing that it's better for her not to say more, and quietly retreated.

The master's business, the slave-servant has no right to say.

—————-

Seeing that the day of the palace banquet is getting closer, the palace has frequently sent more people to the Gu Courtyard. Even the eldest of the Prime Minister would have to run here every two or three days. But as soon as Gu Zifu saw his face, he was scolded badly by him before he could say anything.

Truth be told, in the entire capital city no one is more bold than him.

"Seventh Lord, you're my ancestor! My only ancestor, can you please say a word, you are going or not? If you're not going, can you just say it directly, stop beating around the bush. Can't you see how tired I am these days because of you, don't you feel bad for me?!!"

Gu Zifu flicked his finger, and the stuffed tiger on the table tumbled backward.

"No."

Chi Rui was completely speechless. He paced around the round the room anxiously. After a while, he finally stopped and slapped the table. He probably used too much strength, his fingers didn't stop shaking after a while, but the man didn't even spare him a glance.