Untitled Part 36

Chapter 36 – Bayberry

Chuntao returned to the Gu Courtyard from the back door after finishing her task.

Su Qing's eyes brightened, she took Chuntao into the room, poured a cup of tea and handed it to her, she asked anxiously, "How was it?"

Chuntao "gulu gulu" finished drinking the tea and nodded at her with seriousness, "Your Highness, how did you know that Official Tang would agree to help us?"

"Really?"

"Um, this slave servant looked for a little beggar and gave him the note that Your Highness had me write it. I personally watched him send the note inside, but before I could return, Official Tang sent his subordinate to stop me and told me to let Your Highness not to be anxious. He will give you an answer as soon as possible."

Su Qing thought for a moment and asked, " Have you ....seen each other before?"

"No. Official Tang has never been to Jian Zhi Palace, how could it possible for this slave servant to meet him?" Chuntao shook her head.

It's strange. What kind of benefit did the original body give to this Official Tang, just a simple note made him willing to help her without a condition.

Chuntao didn't notice Su Qing's emotions, and continued with high spirit, "Your Highness, if Official Tang really helps us, it will save you a lot of trouble. I heard doing business is not easy, it also needs to learn about accounting. This slave servant can also help...."

"Shh...." Su Qing put her finger on Chuntao's lips and motioned her to keep her voice down. Before she was worried about Chuntao's careless personality and leaked it out. That was why she didn't tell ahead of time and dragged things over and over again, "This matter only two of us know, don't tell other people, especially the Seventh Lord."

Chuntao covered her mouth and nodded heavily.

How could she tell the Seventh Lord, she wished she could hide from him every time she saw him.

The two discussed some other things, and as for the specific details, they will have to wait until Tang Ruyan replies back.

After a while, Su Qing pushed the door open, walked out of her room and saw Si Ting and Gu Li were exchanging blows in the yard.

Gu Li wielded the silver halberd full of sweat, while Si Ting leaped aside. Even Su Qing didn't understand martial arts, she could see Si Ting much relaxing.

"Madam." Si Ting saw her and stopped his actions.

Gu Li hummed and turned his head away from looking at her.

He ignored her, Su Qing also wouldn't care about this brat. She tilted her head and smiled, "I didn't know Si Ting's martial arts this good. Why haven't I seen it before?"

Si Ting scratched his head in embarrassment, "Thanks for the madam's praise. In fact, my martial arts is nowhere near the Seventh Lord."

"Seventh Lord?"

Gu Zifu is known as the first rank general, but she has never seen him use his martial arts before, even last time at the main hall.....

Su Qing shivers slightly, and doesn't want to think about the scary scene again.

Gu Li who was standing on the side the whole time said arrogantly, "One day, this Young Master will be able to do like the Seventh Uncle, fight the enemy on the battlefield and defend my country!"

Su Qing was a bit surprised.

Seeing her expression, Gu Li felt somewhat annoyed, moved his wrist, the silver halberd with strong wind passing in front of her, making Su Qing's face turn pale with fear instantly and retreated a few steps back.