Untitled Part 50

Chapter 50 – Wooden Sword

Wen Zhen stares at him coldly, with a terrifying imposing manner.

The smile on Gu Zifu's face deepened, saying: "I already have an owner, General Wen, it is not good for you to stare at me like this."

There was no response from the other side.

Gu Zifu clicked his tongue, and turned to sit in the chair, with his hand propping on his tilted head looking at Wen Zheng.

"Seventh Lord, to Su.... the little tenth, can you treat her better?" Wen Zhen said seriously.

"What, are you here to tell your wills?"

"Bullshit!" Wen Zhen snarled, "If it wasn't for little tenth, I would have chopped you up and fed the dog already!"

Gu Zifu sneered, "That's the way it should be. You're already this old, should go find a place and wait to take care of grandchildren, don't run around like a monkey all day, so embarrassing."

This crazy dog.

Wen Zhen took a deep breath, and repeatedly told himself not to be angry, not to be angry, "I still say the same word, treat her better in the future, and the child in the palace, these two brother and sister are like apples of my eyes. Anyway, I have let their mother down, and let them down."

Gu Zifu didn't say anything.

"The day after tomorrow, I'll go back to the border. Lingzhuo will stay in the capital. You're right, he's not young anymore, it's time to marry and settle down. There's no need to run around with the old man like me everywhere." There was a trace of dispirited and tired look in Wen Zhen's face.

After saying this, he did not care how Gu Zifu reacted, lifted his feet and walked out. But right before he crossed the threshold, he paused his steps and seemed to be whispering helplessly.

"Seventh Lord, I'm begging you."

—————-

Su Qing was awakened by thirst.

Her throat was itchy, she sat up halfway and turned her face to the side, coughing gently.

What time is it now?

She glanced at the sky outside, her eyebrows frowned slightly, the pain in her throat prevented her from thinking too much. Suppressing the cough in her chest, she sat upright and lifted the quilt to get out of bed.

A touch of coolness wrapped around her wrist.

Su Qing was taken aback, and withdrew her hand in panic, but her hand was gripped even tighter.

"What's wrong?" A man asked with a hoarse voice with a trace of sleepiness. He must be awakened by her.

Su Qing didn't expect that Gu Zifu would sleep with her. After a moment of surprise, her throat itched again when she heard him asking.

She whispered: "Seventh Lord, I want to drink water."

"Wait."

Gu Zifu opened his eyes, and got up. He walked in the dark to the table, lit the lamp, poured warm water into the cup and handed it to her. Su Qing took over the cup and drank a mouthful of tea.

The moist and comfortable feeling spread across her throat. The discomfort soon subsided. She handed over the empty teacup, her eyes accidentally met with Gu Zifu's gaze, and quickly lowered her head. She thought about it for a moment, as she was about to open her mouth to say something, she saw the man had blown out the lamp and climbed to the bed.