Untitled Part 13

Chapter 13 – Roses

T/N: I am going to be very busy this weekend so I decided to post 3 chapters at once. By the way, did anyone read Pillow Book? I am a big fan of the novel. Finally the drama air today after two years of waiting. Hopefully, the production sticks to the original story.

She has to admit the reputation of Seventh Lord of Gu Family is indeed very well-deserved. Si Ting only said a few words to the people who were waiting outside the mansion, he didn't even need to pull out the sword on his waist, many people were already frightened, some wanted to retreat and some wanted to go to the court to seek justice while hesitating, they heard another roar from the inside mansion, everyone's face changed greatly. No longer care about justice or not, they hurriedly turned around and ran, didn't even say goodbye to each other. Some brave people wanted to insist to stay a little longer, but they have only a small group so it was only a matter of seconds before getting cleaned up.

After cleared them out, Si Ting gave a few instructions to the servants who guarding the gate and then turned around and walked back into the mansion.

Only took a few steps, he saw Luo momo from who served the Old Madam's, leaning out her body from the rock hill, and looked toward the front gate. When she saw Si Ting, she smiled at him awkwardly, then turned around and left.

Si Ting pondered about it for a bit, then immediately followed her. Seeing that she returned to the small Pavillion where the Old Madam lived, he turned around and went back to Gi Courtyard to report to Seventh Lord.

".....Seventh Lord, those people outside came and left very fast, there was nothing unusual, it's just that....." Su Ting looked up at his facial expression and continued: "The Old Madam's people seem to be paying attention too. This subordinate is incompetent and couldn't get any information."

"No problem."

It's the middle of May now, the weather is getting warmer outside, but there is still a small stove in the room. Guzifu took off his coat and simply wore an inside white robe. Lying on a soft couch with one hand on his head, and slightly sneered listened to his report.

"Since she's willing to try her luck, let her be. She's already this old still doesn't know how to stop. Sooner and later will break into pieces. It's also good that has someone creating disturbance for this Seventh Lord every day."

"Seventh Lord said is right" After Si Ting finished reporting other matters, he quickly took his leave.

Just he about to close the door, he saw Shuangqiao coming with a plate of pastry. The sweet aroma of the rose cake making his heart move.

Shuangqiao walked to him and said with a smile: "The rose pastry that Seventh Lord has ordered."

Si Ting coughed lightly tried to cover his embarrassment. He thought about the scene in the house, he reached for the pastry and said: "Let me send it to Seventh Lord."

"Okay."

The pastry was moderately soft, sweet and delicious, but Gu Zifu frowned after took a bite and threw it aside in disgusted: "Why would anyone like to eat such nasty thing?"

"The cakes have sweet and nice fragrant. Young ladies in the imperial capital all like them." Si Ting thought about tactful way of replying.

Gu Zifu waved his hand and went back to lay down: "Forget it, take this thing out of my face, just to look at it makes me feel angry."

"Seventh Lord, would you like to try something else?"

"Eat Eat Eat, only know to eat, wouldn't you die from eating." Gu Zifu was in furious.