Untitled Part 18

Chapter 18 – Thirty

Gu Zifu leaned over to her closely. The breeze outside the window, blew over her hair falling hair and itching around her neck. Su Qing looked up at him, only to see the delicate chin like jade and then Gu Zifu stood up and purposely put the paper she wrote aside. Unknowingly humming twice in good mood.

Su Qing, "......" Is this a mockery?

Su Qing lowered her head and looked at the words on the paper. Gu Zifu wrote her name. She had Shuangqiao taught her several times, she knew it.

The word "Qing" should be tender like flowing moon, but when it was written by Gu Zifu, with his freely flowing style of writing like floating clouds, but also displaying the domineering and unrestrained. It's really looks like this man's style.

Throughout the whole afternoon, Su Qing sat at the desk, copying over and over the words on the book. Yet, whether she knows how to read it or not is another matter. At least, now she has a general idea of it.

After a long day of hard work, the evening finally came. Suddenly Si Ting announced from outside, "Seventh Lord, it's time for dinner."

Su Qing was overjoyed, she hurriedly closed the book, put the brush aside, but when she was about to stand up she gazed at Gu Zifu from the corner of her eyes and saw him still resting on the soft couch with his eyes closed. She then reluctantly sat back to the original place.

She said in a soft voice, "Seventh Lord, it's time to eat."

Gu Zifu lazily said "Um" then got up, raised his eyelids and looked at her coldly, "What shouting about, this lord is not deaf."

Um, you are not deaf, you are just psycho.

Su Qing murmured in her heart, but her expression remained unmoved. Once she saw Gu Zifu is walking out of the study, she hurried lifted up her skirt and followed. Maybe practicing handwriting has made her too depressed, Gu Zifu deliberately walking very casually in front of her. Su Qing gritted her teeth and slowed down her pace walking behind him.

By the time they arrived, two side dishes and soup had already been set up on the table and Shuangqiao just bought over another dish of steamed beef in dry pot. Last time when she went to the kitchen to learn how to make pastry, and saw Shuangqiao was cooking this dish, so she casually mentioned a few words. She gave her a suggestion to use a small magnetic bowl, cut the meat into cubes, added sweet wine and oil, seal the inside of the large bowl and put it into the pot, slowly cooked it with simmering heat until it turned very soft and dry.

Gu Zifu seemed to like eating meat too. He only took a few bites of vegetables and pushed the dish away with his chopsticks, then dragged the steamed meat dish over putting it in front of himself.

"......" Su Qing's chopsticks paused mid-air, after glancing at Gu Zifu, she retracted her hand and ate two bites of green vegetables instead.

Chuntao walked in from outside with a look of panic. She couldn't see the road clearly at night, almost stumbled and fell. Fortunately, she grabbed onto the door frame on time.

Gu Zifu frowned, looking up at her unhappy.

Chuntao hurriedly lowered her head in frightened and forgot what she wanted to say.

Seeing this, Su Qing put down the chopsticks, got up and walked toward Chuntao. She held Chuntao's cold hands to warm her up, seeing that her soul slowly came back, she whispered in a low voice comforting her, "Don't be afraid, let's talk slowly if there is a problem."

Chuntao finally calmed down, and looked carefully inside, seeing that Gu Zifu no longer stare at her, she whispered at Su Qing, "Your Highness, Eunuch Changsheng is here. He is waiting outside."