Untitled Part 60

Chapter 60 – Lend a Book

Su Qing was extremely resistant to taking medicine.

One of the reasons is the bitterness of the medicine, the bitter taste stayed in her mouth and can't be dispelled for a long time; another reason is that she had taken enough medicine before, thus whenever she heard the word "drink medicine", her hair stood up, and subconsciously wanted to run away.

As a result, she really ran away.

"Where's the person?"

After lunch, Gu Zifu stepped into the room and saw no one there. He asked the maid servants outside and found that a certain someone did not rest in the room obediently.

Well, now know to hide.

Gu Zifu sneered, took a glance at the cold medicine on the table, turned around and left the room.

The maid who has been serving her recently is timid, she didn't even dare to look at him, Su Qing is not that dumb to go hide at her place. He asked people in the estate, no one saw her go out. Thinking back and forth, Gu Zifu came to look for Shuangqiao.

Shuangqiao was picking petals, she smiled helplessly when she saw him, "Seventh Lord, any girl would have to hide with the way you are searching."

If one didn't know it would have thought that he's here to collect debts.

Gu Zifu didn't listen to her, he entered the room.

Shuangqiao didn't stop him: "Seventh Lord, I already told you, the person is not here."

Gu Zifu even squatted down and looked under the bed. When he really didn't see anyone, he sneered coldly and turned to leave the room before saying, "Not obedient, I will break your leg next time."

Forget it, even if breaking the leg she has to drink medicine.

He searched all over the house again and still couldn't find the person. He has to change the method.

A long while later, Shuangqiao walked in and took the cloth towel and wiped off the water droplets on her hands. After closing the door, she turned to look at the closet and said: "The Seventh Lord is gone."

"Creak——" The closet door was pushed open.

Su Qing came out from the inside embarrassingly. She hasn't fully recovered from her sickness yet, there is a thin layer of red flush appeared on her face. She sat at the table and poured herself a cup of tea to soothe her throat and said as if she has been wronged: "That medicine is so bitter, I really don't want to drink."

"Not easy to handle." Shuangqiao shook her head seriously, "It's not easy for the Seventh Lord to take great care of someone. It would be hard to stop him."

Su Qing's face was full of frustration, lying on the table with arms folded, staring at the watery petals powerlessly.

Shuangqiao was happy to see the relationship between the two has improved a lot. After careful thought , she felt the Seventh Lord and Madam had some similarities. One was born in the mansion and another one in the deep palace but had pitiful childhood experiences and he fate has brought these two simple minds people to meet with each other. At first, she was worried that the Seventh Lord could not hold his temper, but now it seems that he's really changed. It would be difficult to have the Seventh Lord make a move to the next step, she should start it with Madam.

Shuangqiao asked in a soft voice, "Madam, you and Seventh Lord, on that matter....any progress?"

"Ah?" Su Qing swallowed the tea in her mouth looking confused. When she saw Shuagqiao's smiling expression and seemed to realize something, her cheeks flashing hot instantly and said: "Seventh Lord likes to play, and I was scared in my heart, anyway.....anyway......" She faltered for a long time and didn't know how to explain it.