Untitled Part 32

Chapter 32 – Sleeping in a separate room

About half an hour or so later, they returned to Gu Mansion, carrying several jars of fine wine that were given by Prime Minister Chi.

The moment people outside of Gu Mansion saw Gu Zifu, they immediately lowered their heads and stood to the side, looking pale and bodies trembling. Gu Zifu was not surprised by this as he had been accustomed to this scene long ago, and just stepped into the house without even looking at them.

Su Qing stepped out of the carriage one step behind him. When she saw the obvious fear of the servants once they saw Gu Zifu, she couldn't help but wonder if she had also looked like this before, a pitiful appearance.

Her eyes drooped feeling some bitterness inside her heart. But soon she raised her head again, glanced at the door plaque of Gu Mansion, tapping her own cheeks and took a long deep breath and couraged herself: the days are still long, why worry over something that's not happening yet and making herself sad. It's not like her character at all.

Su Qing has always been an optimistic person, no longer thinks about it and walks slowly into the house. As soon as she crossed the front door of Gu Mansion, she saw Gi Li ran over with joy, but the moment he saw her, his face changed instantly. When she walked past him, he hummed "poisonous woman", and then ran outside to take the wine jar from Si Ting's hands.

Oh, it turned out to be a coolie.

Su Qing ignored him and walked leisurely to Gu Courtyard. On the way she picked a flower and tugged behind Chuntao's ear.

"Chuntao looks so beautiful." She laughed.

Seeing her like this, the large stone hanging on Chuntao's chest during the last few days finally put down. She raised her hand and slightly touched the delicate flower behind her ears as her face was red seemed a bit shy, "Your Highness, when did you learn to coax people?"

Su Qing did not refuse, holding Chuntao's arm and lean her head on her, said in grievance, "Chuntao, when I was in the palace I was worried that the Seventh Royal Sister came to look for trouble, causing me couldn't enjoy my meal properly, now I'm so hungry."

Upon hearing this, Chuntao was no longer in the mood to appreciate the flower on her, and quickly took Su Qing to the kitchen, "The slave servant knew that the Seventh Princess would try to make trouble for you. Fortunately, there is still something in the kitchen. Let me go warm up for Your Highness first and cook porridge for you to warm up your body."

Su Qing responded with a smile, "En, Chuntao is the best."

The page boy from the Prime Minister's household took Si Ting to dig out the wine Jars. He told Si Ting that this wine had been buried in the ground for many years. Normally Prime Minister Chi only reluctantly drinks a few sips. Only on New Year's Day, he would have servants carefully dig out several jars. But who has he asking for help from the Seventh Lord at the moment. After the two men talked for a long time, the Prime Minister had no choice but agreed to give him three jars of his wine. While immersed in their conversation, Gu Zifu suddenly appeared behind them without any warning and scared the page boy almost fell into the pit.

Gu Zifu glanced at the wine jars in disgust and said, "Preserving for many years only made this much, no wonder that old fox treated it like treasure."

He leisurely raised his finger, Si Ting immediately understood his meaning, picked up the jars and started moving. Seeing that he was continuously moving the jars, the page boy felt uneasy in his heart and was about to sneak out to report his master, but when he looked up and met with Gu Zifu's cold look. Feeling panic in fear, he licked his mouth and asked with an uneasy smile, "Seventh Lord, what would you like this servant help with?"