Untitled Part 46

Chapter 46 – Pastry

In recent days, Shi Fang restaurant became popular because of the new promotion. As long as customers order food in the restaurant, a small plate of cold dishes will be sent to each table free of charge. The cold dishes are refreshing and delicious, many people like them a lot.

Steward Zhuo was checking the account book and using abacus to calculate the income, as his face can't stop smiling. He thought in his heart, it turned out Her Highness's idea was really good. At first he was skeptical about it, but didn't expect it to be this successful.

While busy counting money, a busboy came in and whispered in his ear that there is a young lady waiting for him at the back door.

The moment he heard this, he knew exactly who it was, and quickly called someone to look after the restaurant for him as he went to the back door. As expected, he asked, "How did Your Highness come here today?"

Su Qing looked at him and said embarrassingly,"Steward Zhuo, I want to move out of Gu's Mansion temporarily, but I don't know many people in the capital, so I'm thinking of coming to stay at the restaurant for now."

He heard that the Seventh Lord is very intimidating. Came to think of this, this heart thumb. He looked up and saw her complexion is not really good, and the swollen eyes which obviously just cried. Feeling distressed for Su Qing, he quickly invited her in, and gently said, "What is Your Highness talking about, the restaurant is yours. You can stay as long as you want. I'll have someone bring some food and hot water later. If there is anything else Your Highness needs, you can call me anytime."

"Thank you Steward Zhuo."

She then walked upstairs with Chuntao. When they reached the room, Chuntao put the clothes on the table, and opened the window. She glanced at the room and said with joy, "Your Highness, steward Zhuo is really good. Official Tang's vision is very sharp, he knew how to pick the person."

Hearing Chuntao mentioned Tang Ruyan, Su Qing suddenly thought of the father and son of Wen's family. Although she decided not to think about it and asked anything, after all it was a matter related to the original body.

Su Qing then sat on the bed and patted the place next to her, telling Chuntao to sit next to her, and said with a bright smile, "The bed here is big. Why don't you sleep here with me tonight? It's also good to have a companion."

Chuntao shook her head, "I shall not. Your Highness didn't sleep well last night. This servant has a bad sleeping habit, in case....."

"Are you refusing me?" Su Qing flatted her mouth.

Chuntao said anxiously, "No, how could the slave servant refuse Your Highness, it just, just...."

After hesitating for a long time, seeing Su Qing's sadden face, Chuntao finally nodded.

Su Qing laughed joyfully, "You don't have to be so restrained in front of me. You are the only one who has been following me since we left the palace."

"En." Chuntao nodded her head hardly.

Su Qing continued, "The General Wen who came to visit today, do you know how was his relationship with my Consort Mother?"

Chuntao shook her head then nodded, "Even though I'm two years older than Your Highness, I didn't know much about this. However, I occasionally heard from momo in the palace that General Wen has the savage mouth but with a good heart. He apparently said he would sever his relationship with Consort Wen but still sent people to inquire about her situation in the palace. I heard that the day Consort Wen died, General Wen was sent by His Majesty to carry military affairs outside the capital city and missed the chance to see her for the last time....."