Untitled Part 37

Chapter 37 – The Swing

It was mid-summer at this time, and the sun was blazing outside, illuminating the dark green bricks in the corners.

Flowers and trees planted in the Prime Minister's mansion, now blooming brilliantly, green dense red, fresh and lovely. It looks better than last time.

Gu Zifu leaned lazily on the chair, holding his cheeks with one hand, and stared at the flowers and trees outside with interest. He thought that it would be a good idea to plant a few in the Gu courtyard. He can ask Shuangqiao to make pastry with it, or let Si Ting chop for firewood.

Chi Rui coughed twice before saying, "Seventh Lord, not to mention anything else. If you really want to spend your day with Her Highness theTenth Princess, you should get rid of your playful personality like to watch the fun, don't think about having fun all day, and occasionally learn to be nice to her."

After saying, Chi Rui looked at Gu Zifu's smiling face looking like a good person, he immediately got goosebumps from this thought, shook his head again and again to deny the idea, and changed his way of talking, gently advise: "Most importantly, the little girl is usually has thin-skinned, fear of losing face in front of outsiders, Seventh Lord should try to be more patient at least in front of those outsiders. If you can't learn it, I know several good books that I can give you to read to relieve your boredom. You are idle anyway."

After listening to the series of his advice, Gu Zifu smirk, "What is the thing called "face"? If the person found offensive to my eyes, just directly kill. "

Why bother with much trouble?

"......" Chi Rui supported his forehead feeling headache.

Seventh Lord, you deserved to live a single life. As for love, there is no such thing.

Thinking of what Gu Zifu had gone through as a teenager, he suddenly felt relieved. In this case, it was better to take some things slowly.

Skipping this topic, Chi Rui started to mention recent court affairs.

The last time Gu Zifu killed several people in the hall, regardless of what he thought in secret, but at least on the bright side, he stood on Su Shizhou's side. Some timid court officials also dare not to raise any objection. Moreover, Su Shizhou was able to reach this step, he must have many hidden means. It only took a few days, he was able to kill the people that went against him, and promoted those who benefited him. Rules the court with an iron fist.

"A country cannot be without a ruler. I heard that many people in the court intend to let the crown prince ascend the throne as soon as possible, so that some people can completely stop thinking about it. It's rare that this time no one jumped out to raise any objection. By the way, yesterday eunuch Changsheng asked the crown prince to go to guard the tomb of the emperor. The crown prince has already allowed it. Before he left he came to the mansion and met with my father. As for what they talked about, my father didn't say it. "

Gu Zifu He answered unconcernedly, "After living a long time, it's time to go."

Seeing him remain indifferent, Chi Rui couldn't help worrying, "Seventh Lord, how should I say you, now that the Crown Prince is going to ascend the throne, intentionally or unintentionally, it seems like he wanted to pull you in to be his close confidant, everybody could see with. It's time for you to find a way out for yourself."

"After all is said and done, it is still for the military power in my hands."

Chi Rui stunned.

Everyone knew that half of the military power at the border is in Gu Zifu's hands. Later, Gu Zifu was seriously injured and returned to the capital to recuperate his health. Now it has been almost two years. Although the border is now stable and the military affairs are handled by the deputy general, the real power is still in Gu Zifu's hands.