Untitled Part 30

Chapter 30 – Buddha Hall

There is a bamboo forest behind the Buddha Hall. The windows around it are open, the breeze is blowing, bringing the fragrant of green bamboo, so refreshing.

Su Qing dropped her eyes and looked down at the pattern on her dress. She sat there quietly, neither raising her hand to push away Su Shisheng, nor looking at him.

"When was it?" She asked

Su Shisheng froze. He thought that based on Su Qing's personality she would first scold him or just directly hit him. But since she married Gu Zifu, he felt his elder sister became a little different. As for changes specifically, he couldn't tell exactly.

After thinking about it for a moment, he answered sincerely, "From the moment Consort Jing adopted me."

Su Shisheng's expression was anxious, as if he couldn't wait to get her answer. He loosen Su Qing's wrist and turned to hold her arm tightly. With a pair of immature eyes revealed faint anxiety looking at her, "Ah Jie....will you support me, right?"

Su Qing smiled faintly. She pulled out her hand, and got up to bring the oil paper bag next to the bedside, which had already been opened——that's the pastry she bought for him this morning. She picked a sweet osmanthus cake and passed it to him, then asked softly, "What did you just call me?"

"Of course it's Ah Jie ah." Su Shisheng said doubtfully, but did not reach for the pastry.

"So is Ah Jie good to you?"

"Of course, Ah Jie is always very good to me! If someone dares to bully my elder sister, I will first beat that person till fall flat to the ground!" He was afraid that Su Qing didn't believe him, he clenched his little fist and waved it in front of her as his young face was full of pride.

Su Qing thought that this child is so cute, and immediately flocked her finger on his forehead and said in a relaxed tone, "Well, you have called me elder sister, what kind of elder sister who doesn't support her own brother."

"Ah Jie?" Su Shisheng's palms tightened, and his eyes narrowed but his pupils shone brightly, "Ah Jie... will you really support me?"

"Absolutely."

"But Ah Jie has to help me keep this secret. Even Consort Jing didn't know about it, I only told you." His last sentence sounds more like a child acting spoiled.

Although Su Qing didn't grow up in this environment, she also knew how difficult it is for the prince to win the crown, not to mention Su Shisheng's current identity. Su Shizhuo is in power, and Consort is in control of the harem. He's considered to be lucky to be alive until now. As to become an emperor......"

In the palace, Su Shisheng has seen the fickleness of human nature, scheming against each other. He knew what Su Qing was worrying about and tried to say something to comfort her, "Ah Jie, don't worry. Even though I am young, I'm not stupid. I will not go head on with the crown prince. Actually I'm very smart. As long as I look at it once, I will never forget it. If you don't believe me, you can test me now, I will definitely memorize it. Before the Grand Tutor assigned homework, I did it way better than crown prince, but I was not stupid to tell anyone about this."

Only need to look at it once and will remember it? Su Qing was amazed.

Su Qing was about to help him as she saw Su Shisheng was struggling to get up to look for something, he then took out the several thick books from under the quilt from the corner of the bed and handed them to her. He said with a face full of pride, "Ah Jie, quickly test me."

Su Qing doesn't know the words, but under Su Shisheng's hopeful eyes, she has no choice but to open a few pages, pretending to read them very seriously. She blinked and was speechless for a good long time before regaining her mind, pointing to the pages and asking, "you.....wrote all of these yourself?"