↻ 10

The sound of the water dripping is the only thing that can be heard. The only thing that lights up this room the the sunlight, peeking through the closed curtains. This place has always been a quiet place, no one wants to go here- it's an abandoned music room.

Jisung sits down on the piano chair, dusting the dust away from the piano keys. He smiled to himself, memories of Jaemin playing the piano flashed through his mind. They're all childhood friends, they grew up together and he was always the youngest one.

They all went through their hard times together, united by their dark past. Pressing on the keys softly, a sound came out from the piano, making him flinch. He remembered it all, how Jaemin used to play the same song over and over again every single day. Now he rarely plays the piano again- never even. After what happened to his mother, he abandoned his hobby of playing the piano. 

It saddens him because the sound of him playing the piano is one of the things that made Jisung continue to live during the hardest times of his life. Hearing him play the soft tune, even though he only played that one simple song, somehow it soothes him.

Someone then pushed the door open, and it surprises him because no one ever opened this door in years except for him. Turning his head towards the door, his eyes staring at the figure in confusion. He clearly wants to be alone right now, but the girl ignored him, walking towards the piano. "This piano is ancient."

"Why are you here?"

Yerin turned her head towards him, flashing a small smile. "I followed you here. I was walking back to my class when I suddenly saw you entering this room which is quite weird because this room is—"

"Abandoned, yes. Everyone walk past this room every day, but they ignored this room, as if it never even existed. Do you know why?"

Yerin shook her head, now looking at the boy with curious eyes.

"Someone died in here."

Yerin opened her mouth, mouthing an 'ah'. She didn't know what else to say, she never knew something like that happened in this school. She hummed, taking a seat next to him. Jisung frowned, moving to his right so that they have enough space between them.

The girl puts her fingers on the keys, pressing on it softly, a soft tune began to come out from the piano. He turned his head towards her, she had the both of her eyes closed as her fingers moved on its on. He never knew she could play the piano, there are a lot of things he didn't know about her. They're always in the same class but they never really get along. It's like they're living in a completely different world.

At first, he was quiet. But then he recognized this song, this soft tune. It's the song Jaemin played always played years ago. He never knew the title of the song and he didn't want to ask Jaemin about it because he's afraid it'll trigger his past, especially about his mother.

Yerin continued on playing the tune, her fingers pressing on the keys ever so softly. She loves the piano, it calms her soul. She stopped playing in the middle of the song, opening her eyes again to look at him and to her surprise, he didn't look mad. Instead, he enjoyed the song.

"What?" 

"Why'd you stop?"

Yerin frowned, fixing her seating position. "You know that song?"

Jisung nods quietly. "What's the title?"

"Tch, I thought you said you knew the song?"

"I do but I don't know the title."

"Dawn by Dario Marianelli." She replied, looking at the piano again. It's one of her favorite piece to play. Her music teacher taught her that long time ago. She was one of her teacher's favorite student, well at least until she stopped attending the class.

Jisung just nods, taking a mental note of the song title. He turned to look at her again, this is a new side of her he had never seen before. Yerin was always that bold, sly, and cheeky girl. But this time, she had an unreadable look on her face. It's so deep that he couldn't even detect her expressions.

"Why are you here?" She asks

Jisung shruggs, looking back at the piano. "It's my safe place, I should be the one asking you why you're here."

"But as you said, someone died here, right?"

He just nods, not caring at the fact that someone actually died here. He never really knew who it was, but one thing's for sure is that he didn't care about that. "And you're okay with that?"

"Why wouldn't I be?"

She was about to say another word but he cuts her off by standing up, walking towards the door. He puts his hand on the handle, not even bothering to look back at her when he told her to close the door. "Close the door when you leave the room."

That's all he said before leaving her along with his cold aura in the dark, abandoned room.

──── ∗ ⋅⋅ ∗ ────

"I'm not giving you his number."

"Oh come on."

Chenle groaned, ruffling his hair in frustration. "He would beat me up if I gave you his number. Why do you even want his number? Do you like him or something?"

"Of course not! You know just for educational purposes."

"Then ask for yourself. He only gave his numbers to 6 people and I'm sure you know who those people are." 

Yerin sighs, if Chenle doesn't want to give her his number then where else could she get his number? He's probably the only one that wants to talk to her. 

She then had an idea, a smirk crept up on her face as soon as she thought about it. "Fine then, give me your phone, I just changed my number."

Chenle frowned at her. "You changed your number again?"

"Yeah? Can't I change my number?"

Chenle rolled his eyes at her, giving his phone to her. Yerin holds back the urge of smiling, her plan is finally working. 

"Don't open anything else." Chenle warned, glaring at the girl in front of her

"I won't geez, chill."

She opened his contacts app, typing the name 'Park Jisung' but nothing came out. So she typed 'J' and one name caught her attention, JS25. She smiled lightly, knowing that this must be his number. She took her phone from her pocket, opening her camera as she took a picture of his number.

"What are you—"

"Thanks for giving me his number bye!" She said as she abruptly gave his phone back, running towards her classroom. 

Chenle looked at her in disbelief, knowing Jisung will be mad at him. 

hi guys sorry for the late update i'm having my midterm exam this week so yeah:))