↻ 14

"So what's your favorite ice cream flavor?"

Jisung groaned, leaning against the wall behind him. They're now sitting on the floor, waiting for someone to walk by or to open the door for them. It's been 4 hours since they got locked in here and everyone is already home. Her brother must be really worried about her.

"Cut the small talk I hate such thing." 

Yerin snickered at his words. "Sure Mr. Ice boy."

"Ice boy? Why the fuck am I ice boy?" He asks, giving the girl a dirty look. Yerin pursed her lips, trying to find a nickname to call him. "What about, Ji? That sounds nice, right Ji?"

"Ew you're so cringey."

"Sure, Ji."

"Stop that."

"Never, Ji."

They realized it's starting to get dark outside. The only sound they can hear now is the sound of Jisung sighing every 10 seconds and the sound of the heavy rain from outside. They both hated the rain, for different reasons of course. 

Jisung felt like his memories of that day flashes through his mind again as soon as he heard the sound of the rain. It terrifies him.

Suddenly, a loud noise echoes through the whole room- the sound of a thunder.

Yerin lets out a shriek in surprise, covering her ears with her hands. Jisung snickered, looking at the girl next to him. "Such a scaredy cat," 

The lightning strikes again, following by the loud sound of the thunder right after that. Still holding her hands on her ears, she lets out another terrified shriek. She moved closer to the guy next to him unconsciously, seeking for safety. 

He looked down at her. He was about to tell her to move away from him but he stopped as soon as he heard soft sobs coming from her. "Are you- crying?"

Yerin looked up at him, her eyes glistening with tears. He could see how terrified she is by the sound of the thunder, probably just as terrified as he is with his past and what happened back then. She looked down, wrapping her arms around his body as she buried her face on his chest.

Jisung stiffened up as soon as she did that, he just looked down at the girl in confusion. 

"C-can I h-hug you? Please, just for now?" She asks quietly, almost in a whisper. He wanted to refuse but he knew how much it hurts to face one of your deepest fears. He could clearly see the fear in her eyes, she's definitely terrified of the thunder. Although he's unsurue why.

He just nods. Another thunder could be heard and Yerin wrapped her arms even tighter around him. He immediately wrapped his arms around the girl, trying to muffle the sound. "Ssh, don't worry. It's okay."

For the first time, he comforted someone in his life.

And for some weird reasons, she felt comfortable and safe.

──────⊱⁜⊰──────

"What's your name?" The boy asks

Jisung flashed him a bright smile. "Park Jisung! You must be the new kid, what's your name?"

"My name is Kim Jungho, we're from the same class."

Jisung smiled, feeling happy that he managed to make another new friend.

✧∘* ˚.

"Alright students, gather around. It's raining so we should stay here for a while until our bus arrives, okay?" 

The students whined, not wanting to wait any longer. Jisung looked through the thick fog, noticing a big building near them. It caught his attention because it looks like a huge castle.

He shook his head, not wanting to get into any trouble.

He looked around, trying to find his friend. But he couldn't see him anywhere. He tapped on his classmate, Sunghoon's shoulder, making the boy turn around to face him. "Have you seen Jungho?"

Sunghoon shook his head. "No, the last time I saw him was when we were inside the zoo."

Jisung frowned, he remembered something weird happened earlier. He remembered meeting Jungho's uncle who appeared out of nowhere, saying he wants to pick the boy back home. But the teachers didn't let him because the fieldtrip was almost over, so they told his uncle to wait. That was the last time he saw him.

He turned his head towards the building and he finally let his curiousity took the best of him. He looked around, noticing that the teachers are busy with their cellphone, so he decided to wander around in this place for a little while.

He's a bright boy who loves adventure, even if that means breaking the rules.

The cold rain poured over his body, sending shivers down his spine. He didn't realize how far he had gone until he's standing right in front of a big gate. Looking around the area in the rain, he has gotten so far to the point where he couldn't see where the others are.

It's probably because of the fog too, this place is high up in the mountains, making it even colder during the rain. He looked at the sign on top of the gate.

'Flower Arboretum'

Pushing the gate open, he walked inside, trying to find a shelter. There's a big greenhouse in the middle of the arboretum, and there are many beautiful flowers around it. He can't clearly see it though because of the rain.

Pushing the door to the green house open, he entered it, finally feeling a little bit warmer as the rain stopped pouring on top of him. He brought his hand up to his hair, ruffling it lightly, trying to dry his hair.

He looked around, admiring the beautiful and colorful flowers. He then heard a loud scream, a boy. He shot his head towards the source of the noise, spotting a few men and a boy standing a few feet away from him, but enough for him to see their faces.

He frowned, not exactly understanding what's happening, so he looked closer, paying more attention to those men. But little did he know, it's better for him to just run. Because what he saw next haunts him for the rest of his life, leaving his soul in a complete despair.

eyy they're cute but then the flashback just made the whole vibe change shhshhah damn what an emotional rollercoaster