↻ 32

"Who gave you that?" Ryujin asked, pointing at the chocolate cake Yerin's holding. The girl shrugged, closing her locker shut. "I don't know but one thing's for sure is that I hate mint chocolates. Whoever gave me this is clearly stupid."

"Hey, they probably didn't know you don't like it. You're so mean."

"It's a he."

"How'd you know it's a guy?" Ryujin frowned

Yerin shrugged. "There's a note but a threw it away. His writing is horrible."

"Seriously I don't get why people still like you."

She was about to throw the chocolate cake away when suddenly she spotted a familiar boy passing by. She smirked to herself, knowing what to do next. "Huang Renjun!"

The boy turned around, giving her a questioning look. She handed him the box, and he instantly refused. "Oh no, I hate chocolates."

Yerin frowned, looking at him. "It's not for you, give it to Jisung. Just say Mina gave it to her."

"Is it really from Mina?" The boy asked with a frown plastered on his face

"No." She blurted in the matter-of-factly and Renjun gave her a weird look. "Why would I tell him it's from Mina then?"

"I don't know, for fun."

Renjun sighs, taking the chocolate bar from the girl's hand before walking away. Ryujin gave her friend a look of disbelief before following her, "oh yeah, how's the show yesterday?"

"Oh that. We ditched it."

"You what?" 

"Well yeah." Yerin shrugged, not wanting to talk about what happened yesterday. "But your parents—"

"Oh god, no need mention that. They're furious." 

Of course they are, the tickets are nowhere near cheap. It's not about the money they're mad about though, it's because they ditched the whole show. They expected better things from the two of them. 

"Choi Yerin!" A loud voice screamed from afar, making her turn her head towards the source of the voice. Mina walked towards her with boiling anger, looking at the girl in front of her in complete annoyance. "This is all because of you!"

She pointed at her messy uniform that has been splattered by chocolate. Yerin grinned, obviously entertained by that. "Well then you're welcome."

She turned around to walk away from her but Mina stopped her by pulling her hair. Yes, her precious hair.

"You bitch! Jisung hates me now because of you!"

Yerin yelped in pain, pushing Mina's body away from her harshly, causing her to hit the locker behind her. Fixing her hair, she glared at the girl, "just so you know, he already hates you from the start."

Mina chuckled bitterly, folding her arms on her chest. "Chaeyoung must be very proud of you for this, oh wait, she's dead."

Yerin felt like her heart stops as soon as Mina mentioned that name in front of everyone. She closed her eyes, balling her fists as she took a closer step towards the girl. "She's not dead."

"If she's not dead then why isn't she here? Why can't you use your fucking knee properly?"

Yerin was raging inside, she couldn't stop her own body as she slapped her straight in the face. Mina held her cheek as she look at her in disbelief. But she decided to give her a little payback by kicking her left knee, making her fall to the ground, grasping her knee in agony. "You're a monster, you really are. No wonder Chaeyoung died, she couldn't handle seeing you."

Ryujin immediately rushed towards Yerin, checking on her if she's okay. Her left knee is very sensitive, she could easily dislocate it again if she's not careful. Yerin on the other hand, the pain on her knee is nothing compared to the pain inside her heart.

The pain and the guilt she kept inside for years.

✧⋆—— ✧ *⋆* ✧ * ⋆* ✧ * ⋆* ✧——⋆✧

Lying down on the bed, Jisung turned his head to look at the girl who just arrived. She's now sitting on the bed, looking at him with a confused look. "Why are you here?"

"Skipping class, duh."

He glanced at her left knee, wondering why it's so red. He soon then found out that her left knee is weak from the school's nurse. In order to ease the pain the school's nurse gave her a pain killer which she gladly take. 

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Yerin asked, looking at Jisung who's still staring at her with an unreadable look on his face. "Nothing."

Yerin is quite unsure why the school's nurse allowed him to stay here, he was already here even when she first arrived here. It's probably because he made a reason about being sick or something. "What did you do to Mina?"

"Mina? Oh, the whole cake thing?" 

Yerin nod her head, wanting to know the details. 

"When Renjun-hyung gave it to me, Mina was walking by and I said I don't want her filthy cake. She was confused because she said she didn't give it to me then Haechan-hyung took it he was about to eat it but he tripped so it got splattered on her unifrom." He explained, making Yerin laugh. 

"That's funny."

"Very, it was entertaining to watch," he lets out a small laugh. He already heard about what happened to her earlier, the news are spreading as fast as a lightning, especially if it's about the famous Choi Yerin. "What's with your knee?"

He felt sorry for her, especially because he knew exactly how it feels like- losing a friend. Yerin flashed him a small smile, "it's fine. It doesn't hurt that much,"

He just shook his head, not knowing what to say. 

"You heard about it didn't you?" 

"Yeah." He said, rubbing the back of his head. Yerin chuckled, lying down on the bed as she stared at the ceiling. "She's not dead. She's in a coma for three years now. But it's okay, I'm used to it."

She didn't even know why she's telling him this, it just comes out naturally. Jisung puts his phone down, looking at her straight in the eye. "Don't say it's okay if it's not okay,"

"I know how it feels, losing a friend. Don't feel guilty about it, after all life goes on." He said simply, but oddly it gives comfort to her. Maybe because he's been through this longer than her, although the shadows of his past still haunts him.

Unknowingly, they both have a thing in common- they just want to be happy.

sorry for the late update i have an exam week coming up idk if i can update regularly hopefully i can shshshs