↻ 24

Walking through the quiet hallway of the hospital, the girl looked for the room where her beloved best friend is. She sensed the familiar yet unfamiliar smell of the hospital room as soon as the nurse opened the door for her, revealing the same girl from three years ago.

A small smile crept up on her face as she sat down on the chair beside Chaeyoung, looking at her best friend with a melancholic look on her face. "Hey, Chae. How are you?"

She took a small note from her back, putting it on the drawer along with the other notes she left for her in the past three years. Putting the bouquet on the table, she looked at her again. Nothing can ever replace the guilt she's feeling, even though it's not her fault she regretted everything. 

"Even after all this time, I still feel like it's my fault," she said, holding back her tears. 

"You know, there's this one boy. I like to pester him because he looks funny whenever he laughs or look annoyed. I wish you could see his face, you would probably like him."

Chaeyoung remained silent, not even moving a single muscle. She's still deep in coma, not conscious to the world around her. But she could hear everything Yerin said, she just can't bring herself to get her consciousness back. Not yet.

"After the incident, I wish I could just die. I even tried drowning myself almost every single day. But somehow he brought back the happiness that left my soul. I don't know even why." Yerin chuckled, confused of her own self.

He was her first ever friend other than Ryujin and Chaeyoung, that's why he means a lot to her. Although he might not consider her as a friend, he's still one of the things the treasured.

°.✩┈┈∘*🌙*∘┈┈✩.°

Jisung sighed, looking at his ceiling. He connected his phone to the speaker before playing one of his favorite song, Dawn by Dario Marionelli. It's the song Jaemin used to play for him on the piano and the song Yerin played in the abandoned music room at school- his healing song.

Hearing the soft sound of the piano soothes him, it calms his soul. The shadows of the past keep on chasing him, the more he tries to escape and struggle, the more it follows.

Just then, Jaemin barged into his room, opening the door as he walked in. "Oh you're here- wait this song is—"

Jisung immediately stopped the song, standing up from his bed to look at the older boy. "U-uh yeah, the one you used to play for me."

Jaemin nods, flashing him a small smile. He missed playing the piano, in fact he loved playing it. But memories of his mother flashed through his mind everytime he tried to play it. He couldn't bare remembering about it.

"How'd you know the title?" 

"Yerin played this song that day, so I asked her the title."

Jaemin frowned. "Yerin? Choi Yerin?"

Jisung nods, plopping himself back on his bed. "Yeah, she said her music teacher taught her this song."

Jaemin looked at the boy with a confused look, feeling like something is off. 

"Do you know who? Her music teacher."

Jisung shook his head. "No, why?"

Jaemin shrugged those thoughts away, not wanting to complicate things. But if his assumption is true, then it will create so many paradox.

"Nothing. It's a rare song to teach to your students."

"But didn't your mother taught your students how to play this song too?"

Jaemin nods. "Yeah, she did."

✧⋆—— ✧ *⋆* ✧ * ⋆* ✧ * ⋆* ✧——⋆✧

"Hey, you're Yerin, right?"

Yerin looked back, looking at the short haired girl behind her. She nods, recognizing her immediately. "We meet before, I'm sure you know who I am."

Yuna chuckled nervously, rubbing the back of her head. Yerin's presnece somehow intimidates her, it's like she's ready to kill her any second now. Ryujin on the other hand, she just stood beside Yerin, not saying a single word.

"O-oh, right."

"What is it?"

"Sooyoung told me you're the best in Biology class, I was wondering if you could help me with it."

Yerin raised one of her eyebrows, crossing her arms on his chest. She's curious about why she wanted her to help him out of everyone in this school. Because in fact, she's not the best in Biology, but Jisung is. Plus they're not in the same class, there must be something she wants from her.

She smirked, walking closer towards the girl. "Why should I?"

"I just think that since you're the best at it, maybe you could help me with it? That way we can know each other better too." Yuna said, smiling at her.

Yerin is unsure if it's just her being too skeptical or this girl really wants something from her. She gave her a smile, a smile full of mischief. Ryujin wanted to stop her friend, but she knew if she does Yerin would snap at her. "Brilliant! Also, did I mention that you're really pretty. Like really."

Yuna lets out an awkward smile. "Thank you."

Still smiling at her, Yerin perks one of her eyebrows upon hearing her answer. "So you agree? You think you're really pretty?"

"Sorry?"

"I'm kidding, don't take it seriously. See you soon then, Kim Yuna." Yerin smiled, shutting her locker shut, creating a loud bang. Yuna flinched, surprised by the sudden sound. But before she could even notice, Yerin already left along with Ryujin by her side.

"Are you mad?" Ryujin whisper yelled, making Yerin chuckle at her question. "She's acting suspicious."

"What- she's not! She's just naturally nice, unlike like you. At least she's better than Jung Mina."

Yerin snickered. "Sure whatever."

She didn't even know why she acted like that towards the girl, she just did. She's not the type to accept new people that just entered her life easily, that's why almost everyone thinks she's intimidating.

But deep down, she's just a teenager with a broken soul.

damn ok chill