↻ 27

"So Yuna, I'm curious," Yerin started, lifting her head up from the table. She's currently 'helping' Yuna with Biology, but she could clearly tell that she doesn't need any help with it. In fact, she's really good at it. "Why do you want me to tutor you?"

Yuna smiled, putting her pen down. "Because you're the best at it and—"

"Oh please, cut the act and shit. Tell me the real reason." Yerin said, cutting her off. Yuna chuckled nervously, suddenly finding her book interesting as she darted her eyes away from Yerin's cold eyes. "Nothing, I just need your help with this."

"Liar," Yerin scoffed, looking away from the girl. She's aware that her presence intimidate her, but she does have a speculation about this. "I'm not dating Jisung."

Yuna immediately turned her head towards her. "You're not?"

She then realized what she said, palming her head with her palms. Yerin rolled her eyes, smirking at her. "Oh so it's about him?"

"N-no."

"You're a terrible liar, you know. What is it that you wanna know about him?" 

Yerin puts her head on her palms, looking at the girl in front of her with an unreadable look. "Do you perhaps, like him?"

"No, I don't."  She quickly denied

"Then what is it?"

"I just feel guilty. I did something back then, something I shouldn't have done."

The whole athmosphere immediately changed as those words came out of her mouth. The sound of the soft whispers and book flipping from the other people in the library echoes in her ear, endless thoughts about that one specific boy flashed through Yerin's mind.

He's struggling. Back then- even until now.

"What did you do?"

A sad smile crept up on Yuna's pale face, looking down she said, "I left him, alone. Completely alone, with no other soul by his side except for himself,"

"If he opened up to you, please don't leave him. He needs someone to be with him, he just doesn't want to admit it."

Yerin chuckled, feeling a bitter feeling bloom inside her. She didn't exactly know why she's feeling this type of feeling, she can't even explain how it feels in words. 

Something about him always astound her.

────────────♡⋆.࿔*────

You dissapeared for a while, you dissapeared. 

Like a faint ghost, I ask it in the empty void,

what am I to you?

Jisung stared at the night sky, observing the lonely moon. There are no stars to company the moon tonight, making it stand alone in the middle of the night- just like himself.  It's a night where you can't find a starlight, all the roads that have passed are lonely and sad.

The cold air hits his skin, making him shiver lightly at the contact. There's an unknown longing feeling inside him, it pesters him that he can't get rid of it no matter how hard he tries. He doesn't really care about what others think about him. Good or bad, it doesn't matter to him.

Just like a ghost, all of the people he cared about ended up leaving him. He's always doubting himself, asking himself if he's good enough. As he walked along the sidewalk, millions of thoughts came through his mind. He joined NCT at a very young age, and even until now he's still the youngest.

He used to be scared of blood, violence, and things like that. But somehow it distracts him from the cold and brutal world as he became the vicious one. He thought that if he could get his mind off the things he hates for a while, it would be good enough. Plus, he met the Dreamies, his real friends who are now like his brothers he never had.

He stopped at his usual bus stop, he's not planning to go back home tonight. So he decided to go to the dream base. It's already late so it's empty, he's alone. As always.

He then felt a light tap on his shoulder, startling him. He turned his head towards his left, surprised to see Yerin standing there with a light smile plastered on her face. She's still wearing her uniform and it looks like she just got back from school. 

He sighs, looking away from her. "What?"

"What are you doing here?"

"None of your business."

"Where are you going?"

"That's also none of your business."

Yerin rolled her eyes at his answer. She stood beside him, she's actually not waiting for the bus, she's waiting for her driver. She spotted him standing alone here so she decided to go to him. "Tch, you're so mean."

"Sure." He plainly said. Yerin observed his face, even though he didn't say anything she knew that something's bothering him. "It's a beautiful night."

"Small talks won't work with me." 

"Oh please, shut up dumbass."

Jisung snickered. "Airhead."

"If you could turn back time, what's the one thing you want to change the most?" Yerin suddenly asked, making Jisung frown at her question. He stayed quiet, not because he didn't want to answer- but because he knew the exact answer to her question. "I would be more honest."

Yerin looked at him, quite surprised that he's willing to answer her random question.

"Why? You used to be a liar?"

Jisung shook his head. "No. I was just unable to verbalize the things inside my mind, even until now."

The bus then came, stopping right in front of the two. Jisung glanced at the girl beside her once more before walking forwards, stepping inside of the bus, leaving the girl alone.

You dissapeared, like a faint ghost.

hi i love life goes on