↻ 36

"You just did what?"

Jisung took her to the base for the first time, and she's actually stunned by their equipment and systems they have in the base. 

"Who followed you?" Renjun asked, hoping to get at least a clue about the guy. Jisung shrugged, he didn't have the time to investigate them, but he did memorized the car number. "I'm not sure, but the car number is GO1308."

Renjun nods his head, walking back towards his beloved computer. 

"Are you hurt anywhere?"

Jisung was the first one to nod his head, pointing at Yerin. "She is."

Chenle took a closer look at her face, noticing a few bruises and cuts. Yerin followed him to the medical room, still amazed by the technology they have in the base.

She sat down on the bed as Chenle took the betadine, applying it to her wound. She winced in pain, still thinking of the incident. Millions of thoughts came into her mind, and one of them is about her brother. They would kill her if they find out about what just happened.

"What's your relationship with Jisung?" Chenle suddenly asked

Yerin was taken aback by the sudden question, letting out an awkward laugh. "We're just classmates."

Chenle raised one of his eyebrows, looking at her vaguely. "It's either Yuna or you then."

"Sorry, what?" Yerin frowned, not quite getting what he just said. Chenle shook his head, standing up to put the betadine and cotton balls back to its place along with the band-aid. "Nevermind, it's nothing."

She opened her mouth to speak, but the sound of the door stopped her. 

"You're done?" Jisung asked, peeking his head through the door

Yerin nods, standing back up. "Yeah."

"Good, I'm taking you home."

"But we just arrived?" Yerin frowned, still wanting to explore this place even more.

"Do you want your brothers to be mad at you?"

"Well no but—"

"Then let's go."

Yerin sighed in defeat, following him as they both exited the medical room. She said goodbye to the rest of the dreamies before hopping into his car again, waiting for Jisung.

Fiddling with her fingers, she's still thinking about what Chenle said earlier. She would be lying if she said she's not interested in Jisung at all, because she actually is. It's just that Yuna is everything she's not- everything he wants.

Jisung closed the door to his car before starting the engine, driving towards her house. After a few minutes of a quiet ride, Yerin decided to break the silence by asking him a question.

"Uh Jisung?"

He hummed in response, still focusing on the road.

"What's your relationship with Yuna?"

Jisung felt like his heart stopped as soon as she asked him that. She noticed his facial expression immediately tensed, making her chuckle awkward. "Not relationship, relationship. You know just—"

"She's my old friend, that's all." He said, cutting her off. Yerin nods, debating whether she should ask him another question again. 

She closed her eyes, taking a deep breath, collecting the amount of courage left in her.

"Do you like her?"

Silence.

"We're here." That was all he said, not even bothering to answer her question.

Yerin sighed, nodding her head before unbuckling her seatbelt, opening the door of the car. She took one last glance at him before getting off his car, shutting the door shut.

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

The smell of a fresh toasted bread and strawberry jam brought her back to her senses, still half awake. She managed to make some stupid excuse to her brothers last night, even though they didn't really trusted her. Especially Yeonjun.

Her brothers sat in front of her, eating their breakfast together for the first time in a while. Yerin's mother smiled at them, sitting down in front of her before frowning. "Oh dear, what's with your face?"

"She said she fell." Yeonjun glared at her, still not believing her words. Yerin rolled her eyes, giving him a dull look. "I did."

Silence fill the room as the workers gave their father his favorite french toast, a perfect breakfast for him. Beomgyu was unusually quiet, maybe it's because of the awkward atmosphere and because his father was literally sitting right in front of him. 

"There's a cruise party in two days, I expect you all to come and not leave out of nowhere," he said, emphasizing the last part as he turned to look at Yerin. "I expect you to behave, especially because he will be there too."

Yerin almost choked on her food, looking at her father with a shocked look plastered on her face. "Jisung?"

Beomgyu chuckled, struggling to keep his laughter inside. 

"You really should behave this time, Yerin. Especially because this is a huge party." Her mother warned

Sighing, she continued to eat her food, what a great start for her day. She's now forced to join another stupid party- to her it's a waste of time. Living a lavish life that's not even fully her's, sometimes she wonder what it's like to live another life, something more normal.

All she ever wanted was to find her true happiness, even if she's being selfish- that's all she ever wanted.