Chapter 1 : How We Met

3rd Person's POV:

The 8 year old Y/n was wandering around the playground, she was happy that her mother let her out, she sat on a swing, moving it lightly.

She was happily swinging, until a cry caught her attention, she went where the cry is, in an alley, she found a girl being surrounded by a group of boys.

"Hey, you!" The 8 year old girl shouted courageously, the three boys averted their gaze, "Looks like someone is saving a princess." The 10 year old boy said, his minions laugh as he said.

"Get away from her." Y/n growled sonorously, "What if I don't want to? What are you gonna do? Call your Mama and cry?" The boy mocked.

Y/n gritted her teeth and charged towards the boy, twisting his arm in the process, "Argh! Y-you win, l-let go of me!" Y/n didn't obey, "Do not ever go near her again."

The boy nodded frantically, Y/n loosen her grip, "Run, you coward!" She shouted, the boys ran, leaving her and the little girl alone.

 She went to the little girl and crouched down, "Hey, they are gone now." Y/n said softly, the little girl raised her head up, tears visible in her eyes.

"Don't cry now. I can you show a magic if you want to." The little girls stared at her, she smiled and reached behind the girl's ear and retreated it quickly.

"You want to see it?" The little girl nodded, Y/n smiled and opened her hand, a little gasp was heard from the younger one, "H-how did you do that?" The little girl asked, making Y/n smile.

"I thought you can't speak, and a magician never reveals their secret." Y/n said cutely, "I'm Y/n, I'm 8 years old. How 'bout you?"

The little girl showed her gummy smile, "My name is Myoui Mina, and I am 6 years old." "You should call me Onēsan, since I am older than you." Y/n said.

"Hai, onēsan." "Where do you live, Mina-chan?" "I live there!" Mina answered as she point at the other road.

"Aah, you should go home now." "Okies! Bye-bye onēsan!" Mina bid while waving at the older girl, Y/n smiled and made her way to their house.

"Mom, I'm home!" Her mother went to her, a whip in her hand, "WHY ARE YOU LATE, HUH?! GO TO THE COUCH AND LAY ON YOUR STOMACH!" Y/n nodded and laid down, her mother started to whip her whole back.

 'Mom, I saved a girl today, her name is Mina. I'm sorry if I came home late.' Y/n thought as she held her tears in.

"I told you to go home before four noon! You are just like your father, you are worthless!"

Meanwhile, "Mama, I'm home!" Mina said with a smile, "Hello, sweetie! Oh, where did you get the candy?" Mina's mother asked.

"Y/n-chan gave it to me, she save me from the bad kids. She's really nice, Mama." Mina gleamed. 

"Really? Did you thanked her?" Mina shook her head, "I-I forgot to thank her." Her mother smiled.

"You can thank her next time." "Really, mama? Do you think I will see her again?" "Of course, sweetie. Now, let's go and eat." Mina nodded and held her mother's hand, heading to the kitchen.

Back to Y/n, "You better obey me now, kid! Go to your room, now!" Her mother shouted, she nodded and went to her room, crying her heart out.

She is only a kid, yet, she's experiencing this kind of pain. She went to her bathroom and cleaned herself.

'Dad, where are you?' She thought as she laid on her stomach as her back is aching and bleeding. "Mina-chan, I hope I can see you again." She mumbled and drifted to sleep. 'Goodnight, Y/n-chan.' Mina thought and slept with a smile.