Chapter 8: 1st Game Play

3rd Person's POV:

Two weeks after the ball, the school announced that, the first basketball game play will happen today.

The school was already prepared, so was their team, including Y/n, she was the only girl in the team, also the team captain. She was currently in the changing room, already in her jersey.

"Y/n-chan." She turned around and saw her favorite person, "Minari, I'm glad you came!" She said as she hug Mina.

"Of course, I would. I can't miss your game, also, this will be the first time I would be watching you."

Y/n was about to reply, when they heard a voice, "Players, please, get inside the court." Y/n shrugged her shoulders, "See you later, Minari." Y/n said and kissed the latter's forehead.

The older ran out, leaving the flustered Mina behind. The students roared when they saw their representatives, especially Y/n's fans, "Y/n! Y/n! Y/n!" Y/n waved and sent a flying kiss, "Waaahh!!!"

Mina sat on the first row, Y/n saw her and ran to her, resting her arm on the barricade, "Hey, beautiful."

Mina blushed and hid her face, "S-stop it." Y/n giggled and removed Mina's hand that was covering her face.

"Don't hide that pretty face, I want to see them, while I play." Mina blushed as Y/n winked at her and left. "Players!" The players ran to their coaches.

[Let's skip this, I don't know how the game plan goes.]

The referee blew on his whistle, gathering both teams in the middle, Y/n stepped forward, so did the captain of the opposite team, "A girl? How ironic." "Don't underestimate me, baka." 

The referee blew on his whistle, throwing the ball upwards, Y/n jumped as high as she can and grabbed the ball, she ran and passed it to her teammate.

"Pass it to 5." She mouthed, her teammate nodded and passed it. Player 5 got it and tossed it in the ring, "2 points for the red team!" The emcee said.

As soon as the ball was out of the hoop, the other team took grasp on it.

"The blue team have the ball."

"He passed it to number 10, 3 points!"

Y/n gritted her teeth, she dashed and took grasp on the ball.

"Red team already had it."

"Look! Look! She 's not passing it to her teammates."

"Number 3 is in fire right now."

She examine their position, seeing a free spot, she dashed and tossed the ball, "3 points for red team!" The students cheered, so did Mina, she was not shouting, instead, she was muttering Y/n's name over and over again.

Also, holding a banner she made with Y/n's name and a penguin sticker on the side, Y/n's team called out a time out.

"Red team, time out." Y/n quickly took her towel and went to Mina, she handed it to the latter, which she gladly took.

"I can't hear you cheering for me." Y/n said, panting, while Mina wipes her sweats, "You know that, I don't shout." "It's okay, at least, you have that cute penguin on your banner."

"Just the penguin?" "And, the one who made them." Mina blushed, she was referring to her writing, but Y/n took it the wrong way.

"You're so cute, Minari. I will treat you, after the game." "Number 3!" "Oops! The boss is calling, see you later, my love." Y/n said and rushed to her team.

"Is it only me? Or, she really is getting bold and affectionate these past few weeks." Mina asked herself.

"Y/n, what do you think you are doing out there?! Why didn't you pass the ball to your teammate?!" Y/n sighed heavily, "I'm just doing what's the best." The referee whistled, once again.

The game was on fire, the red team was in ease since they were ahead of points from their opponent, the blue team was in rage, they're so eager to win the competition.

It was like that, for the first and last quarter, the timer was now on ten seconds, "Number 8 to number 1." Y/n mouthed, the guy nodded and passed it. 

Y/n, on her free shoot, pointed at herself, her teammate passed it to her. She only have three seconds, she aimed it.

Two seconds. And, she tossed it, 1 second, "3 points! The red team won the game!" Their schoolmates roared for their victory. 

Y/n went to her teammates, giving each of them a high five and a compliment.

}========================={

 YEY! I updated! Sorry for the late update, online class is getting hectic everyday. Please vote if love the story💕