𝐂𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐝

𝘛𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘦 𝘱𝘶𝘱𝘱𝘦𝘵☟︎𝘿𝙤𝙣𝙤𝙫𝙖𝙣

𝘛𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘦 𝘱𝘶𝘱𝘱𝘦𝘵
☟︎
𝘿𝙤𝙣𝙤𝙫𝙖𝙣

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆   。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

"so why'd you do it?"

anyone with a slightest sense of observation could tell the girl was intrigued. perhaps even more than intrigued, a word that only exists in the mind. she took the unoccupied spot next to the man framed with the dusted gold curls.

"it was the right thing to do, meaning it should be done." he replied, his harsh tone returning. this time she wasn't taken back as she grew used to it over the short time she met him. of course, more bits of her glass heart shattered off into oblivion, but she was used to it. it had become her routine to suck it up and listen to him.

but part of her didn't answer him with a snarky reply as she was too busy whirling helplessly in her spinning thoughts. why couldn't he stay sweet to her, what if he had been kind to her out of his heart and not some child hood morals he grew up listening to.

deep down she had to understand he wouldn't change, she knew it as well. but that did not mean in the slimmest bit that she comprehended it. for she didn't. she didn't thoroughly come to terms with her situation and 'relationship' with the electric front man she had grown to care for over the past month or so.

"oh."

it was a quiet oh, close to silent as well. he now stated at the bedimmed girl, whose shades that once brought in a gleaming light were replaced by wooden shutters that slammed that glee out.

"i save your life, all i get in return is an oh?"

"save my life?" the pause had lingered through the room as he waited for the concluding part to her dragging sentence, "you were the reason i went there."

something she had never expected was for him to chuckle. at her. it was as if he could care less about the truth she had pulled reluctantly from within, and he simply laughed. he laughed a dry chuckle, a desert snicker.

"me? c'mon love, i don't think i was the reason for your mistake."

this time, she said nothing. she swam in the silence he had brought to them, and she dined in the embarrassment he had shunned onto her.

he was shocked, however. when the sound of her footsteps grew past him, and fluttered to only a faint tune which he was barely able to make out.

and now he couldn't hear them once they had fallen on the other end of the door. his eyes were lifted from his recently quivered palms as he studied the door she had just softly closed. the indents of carved oak that were imprinted in the middle, the small area of glass that took a sizable amount just above the imprints.

his smile fell at the craftsmanship, at how she could close such a beautiful thing on him. he had grown used to her leaving him now, he didn't mind. she came back even if he didn't say a word to her. he never begged for her returns, she came simply because of the thing that beat helplessly in her chest.

he occupied it completely. he partially knew that obvious fact, a fast he was partially oblivious too. sweat never had to be wiped away from his tensing forehead due to her, no worries came from her.

his name was carved on it and he didn't know. he didn't understand it. she was someone he had slept with due to one peculiar dusk. had he regretted it? partially. because if he never had, she wouldn't be heartbroken over him.

he wasn't the man that wanted brianna heartbroken over, no, that certainly was not roger, someone else? yes. just not the eccentric singer.

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆   。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆