𝐇𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧

𝘏𝘰𝘭𝘥 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘳𝘢𝘪𝘯☟︎𝘿𝙪𝙧𝙖𝙣 𝘿𝙪𝙧𝙖𝙣

𝘏𝘰𝘭𝘥 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘳𝘢𝘪𝘯
☟︎
𝘿𝙪𝙧𝙖𝙣 𝘿𝙪𝙧𝙖𝙣

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆   。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・

"wake up darling, someone's here to see you." 

the voice was soothing, a riff of pleasantries that awoke her senses without causing much of a fuss. her eyes fluttered open, or at least tried to as the barricade of memories held the lids shut tightly. however, with a simple crack that rang from the crook of her stiffened neck, she awoke grumpily with a hint of sunshine gleaming from her pupils- that were still not yet adjusted to the new found light.

"what? i'm sorry i didn't hear you, only the wake up part."

her body was lifted by her swerving shoulders that in that particular moment seemed to be woven from fine threads that could only be stitched together for so long before they snapped.

freddie's lips were just about to speak again, right before a small, air sung chuckle breezed by brianna, coming from the barely cracked door. the eyes of the roughly awake girl gleamed in joy as her legs bounced her up so she was now standing. 

"vanessa!" she exclaimed, shocked afterwards to not hear someone spitefully holler at her for the unusual amount of noise she protruded the commonly slumbered neighborhood with. 

she grinned to herself as she watched her friend appealingly let her thumbs dangle through her empty belt loops that were sewn onto her flared jeans- that she had for about five years now, "hey bri, and other bri."

brianna's eyes enlarged twice the size as she tilted her head to look at the slumped man with the jet strung curls. his eyes took a while to fully stay open, as he fell a victim to the craving of comfortable sleep over and over.

"oh did we really fall asleep here-" he chuckled, partially awkward, but not too much. not too much where it seemed he was internally regretting the past actions of the glowing night before.

"yeah, the wood i think bruised my torso, want to see-"

"no, he doesn't want to see, let's just please get going brianna."

hearing her own name be thrown like wood into a blazing fire felt wrong- it churned in her stomach fearfully. not once had she heard her closest friend- the one she told everything- ever address her as brianna. it felt completely wrong; foreign, forbidden (but not the good kind) and prickling. 

"why? what do we have that's so important?" she tried to tug an answer out of vanessa, but she also didn't want to come out as forceful. she learned too many times that arguments or little quarrels such as these ones could lead to the splitting of a once vivid friendship. and that was anything but what she wanted.

"please." vanessa's eyes grew with gloss that tainted her routinely glistening expression, "we need to go, i can tell you everything once you're in the car, just please, brianna please we need to leave." 

and she gave up, she surrendered with a timid nod that brought a gleeful smirk to the bubblegum tinted lips of vanessa. 

goodbyes were said, tears weren't fallen. nor were they jerked. it was most solemn definitely, more so for brianna and brian as the two felt they gained some sort of connection that night. well the night before.

his arms looped around her eagerly- but also sorrowfully, he never really made any friends whom looked like her. who acted like her. he only had the other three lads and sometimes he questioned if they even liked him. then of course whenever that happened freddie would smack him jokingly to only knock some sense into him. 

she kissed his cheek, in a friendly manner, where her lips didn't linger and his cheek didn't flush with want. 

she tipped a wave to roger, who she really could care less about. that fucking bitch. 

and before she could even comprehend where she was, she was back to moving. it felt her life had never simply paused. it felt as if it were some television show, that would air late at night so children couldn't view it even if they tried. but the ratings would suffer, because people don't enjoy watching real things. 

she just wanted to stop at times. and look around. she yearned for her feet to feel the warmth of the word 'still'. something she wished she could understand someday. 

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆   。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・