𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐭 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬

𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘴☟︎𝘼𝙚𝙧𝙤𝙨𝙢𝙞𝙩𝙝

𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘴
☟︎
𝘼𝙚𝙧𝙤𝙨𝙢𝙞𝙩𝙝

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆   。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・

the dinner was filled with awkwardness, but only on brianna's end. her mouth had a million words it could've voiced, but her courage trembled and paced within her throat.

the car ride to the restaurant was rather pleasant, it went quite well in all honesty. jimmy couldn't stop talking about satanists, robert couldn't stop annoying jonesy every twenty seconds to ask if his hair looked alright, and if he needed to re-comb it. of course, every time he did this jonesy would only groan and return to talking with his wife about their kids that they have dubbed as 'lovely'.

john would brag about how much talent his son, jason, had. and how he would become a better drummer than himself- which brianna found hard to believe. she really didn't know any drummers whom were better than john himself. course, keith was exceptional, but john was different.

but then again she also believed they had two different styles. yet, she didn't know really anything about music and styles of drumming. she only knew about the grand booms that occurred from the obnoxious taps of specialized sticks (well she thought they were specialized). 

vanessa was there too, looking a tad uncomfortable, but brianna really couldn't do anything as she was too busy getting poured on by jimmy's rain of knowledge. but she kept supplying vanessa with glances that had some affection in them.

they had to have some affection in them, brianna cared about vanessa. lots. maybe in some ways too much. they weren't like sisters, as sisters didn't kiss, but more so like best friends who didn't want to put an overbearing label on their friendship. and anyway, people worried too much about who other people kiss- or were attracted to.

brianna looked over at the couple who were sitting across from her once she heard a chirpy, timid voice, "so where exactly are we goin-"

"isn't my wife stunning, honestly, look at her," robert interrupted, his hand falling to maureen's cheek, his knuckles lightly brushing underneath her eye. brianna watched in awe at how they seemed so in love.

there wasn't any lust in his eyes, simply love. she only knew because she never seen that look go her way, no one ever gazed at her with love tinting their irises and pupils.

she looked back at jimmy, who she now realized had taken some notice of her wandering eyes that were only curious.

he rested a hand at her thigh, not too high, not too low, only mid thigh. he let his fingers curl around her, the blistered pads attempting their best to soothe her from any worries or jealousy she may be feeling.

"so where exactly are we going?" brianna asked him, leaning her weary head on his broad shoulder, her whisper not making its way to the ears of the others'.

it took him a moment to respond, but it wasn't a long one, "some restaurant, fancy, of course, and you're my date, another of course right there," he chuckled nervously, awkwardly bringing his other hand to spin her hair within the bends of his fingers.

she blushed a bit, not a lot as someone else kept crossing her mind, but there was a faint glow of compassion on her dolled cheeks.

"will anyone else be there-? or is it just zeppelin and their wives?"

her gut was too persistent with her, but she couldn't shut down her instincts— figuratively and literally. so she asked. she felt in her heart that the answer had already crossed her mind, but all she really needed was some gentle confirmation

and that's what she got, only, it was more coarse compared to her hopes of gentle.

"yeah, the who, the stones and um, some
floyd band, they're not that important though so i'm not even sure why they're there," he grumbled a bit.

she felt his hands deepen on her skin, his nails trying to greet whatever they thought lied beneath when he said the words "the who."

and there was no denying, her heart swelled with fear that was packaged with excitement. the smiles all inside the limo couldn't compare to the beams that bursted through inside her, along with the trembling warnings she heard her thoughts give.

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆   。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・