Chapter 1 Hinata Shoyo

This might be short since it's my first time writing. Also, if you are not aware, Hinata is the last name while Shoyo is the first. In Japan it is the other way around. ANDDDD idk who thought of the soulmates thing, but credits to them because this soulmate thing is based on something I had read a while ago, I think, or it was on tik tok. And I will be changing the third years ages.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Soulmates. The one thing you can't pick for yourself. When you turn 15, you are given a small special mailbox, while your soulmate gets one as well, same size, and color. These mailboxes can be used to exchange letters between the two. But, if a name or phone number is shared the mailbox will make that part of the letter blank. (idk how, it's a special mailbox) With these letters you are supposed to find the other person who wrote them.

Hinata Shoyo was your average teenager. He went to high school, Karasuno, had not so good grades and played in the boys volleyball. He was very social and had a lot of friends. He had a sister named Natsu. But, there was one thing most of his friends didn't know.

He absolutely hated the idea of having a soulmate. He hated how he was only able to send letter to them from the mailbox he was given once he turned 15. It was pastel yellow with pink details. He never used it. Nor did he ever read the letter his soulmate sent. He did read them once in a while. He sent one back once. Only once.

"I'm sorry but I'm not interested in this soulmate thing. I want to find love without this soulmate thing." When he had sent it he had already gotten a reply. "That's okay. But I will continue to write to you, incase you change your mind." Hinata smiled at this.

Now it's been 5 months since Hinata sent that note to his soulmate. Just like how his soulmate responded, they never stopped writing the letters. While he's been getting the letters, he's been practicing volleyball.

He loves his team. He plays as a middle blocker, at 162.8 cm or 5'3. His teammates are like a second family to him.

~Shoyo's POV~

"Yo, dumb*ss, hurry up, you're going to be late." Said Kageyama. Kageyama Tobio is a tall scary looking boy, but he's slowly changing. He's a setter. He already found his soulmate, Yamaguchi Tadashi, pinch sever. He's very nice. Yes, he. I'm not homophobic at all, I support them every much, plus, I'm gay myself. It's just...if my dad finds out my soulmates a boy, he just might kill me.

My dad is a huge homophobe. Another reason I haven't told him I'm not interested in girls.

"Dumb*ss, hurry up, or are you trying to be late?!" Kageyama yelled out. I looked at the time. 6:15. Sh*t. (yes. He curses. He is a high schooler.)

"OH SH*T! I'M COMING!" I ran out of the changing room after I finished into the gym. "Hinata? You alright?" I turned around to see Sugawara. Sugawara Koshi, he's another person in the team, setter, he also found his soulmate, Sawamura Daichi, our captain. They are cute together. I finally respond, "o-oh, um, nothing, I was just overthinking, again" He doesn't seem to believe that but nods his head anyways and goes to Daichi.

That was close. The real reason I was late was because of overthinking, but over a certain person. Not my soulmate, I could care less about them. I met someone the other day while I was in Miyagi with my mom and Natsu. His name was Oikawa Toru, he's a 3rd year while I'm a 1rst year. He's so nice🥰. He's way taller than me, he had brown hair, with pretty eyes. I was then snapped out of my thoughts.

"Hinata? HINATA!" Daichi yelled out, "You alright? You were spacing out. Did you hear anything I said?" Oh sh*t. "Sorry captain, I was a bit distracted" I responded, I can't stop thinking about him. AAAAHHH GET OUT OF MY HEAD! Daichi takes the answer and says what he was saying before, and this time I payed attention.

~~~~~~~

I hope you liked the first chapter. I'm new to writing stories but tried to write one since I'm told that I'm a good story writer. This wasn't much but I hope that's alright.