Chapter One

Today is October 1st, I love October. It's a pretty month, well at least until Halloween. Most 15 year-olds love Halloween. It's the one night a year where you can dress up or go to a party usually on a night that you have school the next morning and nobody cares, sort of like a cheat night. Anyways that's besides the point; I don't do that I stay with Harry all night while the other kids have fun. I like his company though and he doesn't deserve to be alone on the anniversary of the night his parents were murdered by he who shall not be named. Calling it a rough night for him would be an understatement.

"Gabriella! Are you listening to me" Harry says, directing my attention back towards him.

"Oh yeah sorry I was just thinking" I say, I could never tell him what about considering it would put five years of friendship down the drain.

"Anyways, I don't understand this question" He says pointing to a spot on his page then looking back up at me seeking my help.

"Professor Snape told us to take notes on this but your page is mostly blank. care to tell me why?" I ask, scolding him.

He rubs the back of his neck "I uh couldn't hear him when he said that I guess" he says, I can tell when he lies through his cheeks become blotched with red spots.

"Or you were too busy daydreaming about who knows what" I say, I take his quill out of his hand and put my notebook next to his and start copying my notes onto his page "Now you should be able to complete the rest yourself, I have somewhere to be" I say standing up and pushing my chair in.

"Wait so I have to do this all myself?" He looks disappointed

"I did most of it for you already, come on you've got to get some work done yourself or you'll fail your exams" I say gathering my stuff.

"I hate school" He groans.

I walk out of the library leaving him there to do his work that he dreads so much. I wanted to stay but I had promised Ginny I would train for quidditch with her today. I meet her at the quidditch pitch where she is standing in the grass that is mostly dead "Are you ready to get you butt kicked?" I ask walking up to her. We usually compete for who can run around the field the fastest or who could go the fastest on their broom.

"You wish Clarkson" she starts running.

"Hey you got a head start!" I say catching up to her. She is faster than me on foot whether I want to admit it or not but on a broom that's a different story. She beats me around the field no surprise, I pick up my broom and the quaffle and fly up to the hoops. We usually play a game by ourselves with no keeper to practice our accuracy. We take turns shooting at the hoops, we make it in easily every time. We are both chasers for the Gryffindor team. After we are done we head down and get some water.

"So who are you going with to the twins party on friday?" Ginny asks.

"Party? I haven't heard of a party?" I say starting to worry I wasn't invited.

"Relax I only know because they're my brothers, everyone's invited. You should get a date, come on get back into the dating world" She says elbowing me lightly.

I roll my eyes "I don't need a boyfriend to be happy" I say hoping it sounds convincing enough. Truth is I don't want whoever she has in mind to be happy. I want Harry but that's unrealistic considering that he likes a Ravenclaw girl named Cho Chang.

"How about Seamus, he's nice and respectful" She says.

"No we're just friends" I say brushing off her idea.

"Fine what about Harry, as friends of course since i'm assuming he can't form a proper sentence around a girl that isn't you, me or Hermione" She says.

"Hmmmm maybe" I say hoping she won't catch on to me liking him.

"Ok I'll ask for you" She starts running back to the castle. I chase after her yelling at her to stop before she embarrasses me in front of Harry.

"Ginny Molly Weasley! Stop it!" I yell.

"Ooo the middle name i'm so scared" She says running faster.
————————————————————————
***The story is no going to follow the original plot of the fifth movie/book***