Chapter 30

2 weeks later
Y/n is now discharged from the hospital, and she's now in her home, i attended to her, while her mom and her brother is away.

now, we're in her room, just feeding her some soup, she wasn't as energetic as before, she became sad, and depressed, she isn't allowed to have visitors, or she could stress herself, she's only allowed to have at least one person in the room, because she could  have a trauma.

but now, the thing she only remembets is that I am her professor,

y/n: professor, why are you taking care of me? you're just my professor and it's not your responsibility to attend to me

Professor: Y/n, the doctor said that I should frequently attend to you, because I'm the only one that you're comfortable with,

Y/n: but, i think I'm disturbing you from your job, you still have classes to teach, and more papers to check after class, you deserve to rest, i can take care of myself.

i nodded my head as a no,

me: it's okay, i have a balanced schedule, and you can't just take care of yourself, alone, your body isn't fully recovered yet,

Y/n: okay, but please rest too, okay?

she said as she smiles at me, her smile is so precious to me, it makes my whole afternoon bright, even thou the sun's setting, I continued to feed her some soup.

after an hour of taking care of her, i over hear her brother and her mother talking about something, outside Y/n's room, at first, i didn't eavesdrop into their conversation because it was just a family matter, but then, i heard that.

her mom: Jimin, I think it's the best for Y/n to live in California
Jimin: mom what the fuck?! how can she fully recover in California if she doesn't even know anyone there, and plus her therapy with her doctor isn't done yet, she still has senior school to attend to, she's just taking a long break!
her mom: but Jimin, she can no longer attend senior year, because it will take time for her to recover, and plus, I want to start a new life for your sister
Jimin: a new life?! you will just ruin her life mom!
her mom: Jimin, I know what's the best for my daughter!
Jimin: HER FRIENDS ARE HERE! HER FAMILY IS HERE! EVERYONE SHE NEED ARE HERE! YOU WILL JUST MAKE Y/N HAVE A MISERABLE LIFE IN CALIFORNIA!
Her mom: don't you raise your voice at me Park Jimin! remember, you're just my son, and you cant make decisions for my daughter!
Jimin: well I know what's the best for her, all her life was ruined, because of you!

I began to get worried, it's absolutely wrong to raise your voice at your mom, like really, but, her brother also has a point, but he shouldn't be delivering his message like that, taking Y/n to a place where she doesn't know anyone will just ruin her life.

his brother entered the room, he said.

Jimin: I-im sorry professor, if u had to hear that, but, I could now handle this,
me: no, it's okay, i can handle
Jimin: professor, it's been a month since you've been taking care of my sister, and I admire you so much for that, but please, take a rest too, and you're not supposed to be doing this, I could take this for now, go home and take some rest.

this time, I wasn't able to say anything, I looked at her brother, and to Y/n, i smiled and nodded at him,

Jimin: thank you, Professor.

then. I took my stuff and waved Y/n a goodbye, she waved back and I left her room, her mom was deadass crying in the living room, she approached me.

her mom: hello Professor, are you leaving now?
me: yes Ma'am
her mom: thank you for always taking care of my Y/n, I appreciate you for that, but now, you dont have to, stay focused on your job and we could handle this for now, you can still visit Y/n whenever you want, Professor, thank you for your time.

me: thank you, Ma'am.

then, I left their house, i rode into my car and drove all the way home.

7:30pm, Friday

I was checking on my students' worksheets, one student got a lot of bad marks, I suddenly remembered Y/n, at first, she was doing very bad in my subject, so I had to have her teached after classes, now, she's doing well, I also give her some worksheets to answer, too, I gave some consideration in the students' worksheet and just continued checking my other students' worksheets.

it was now time for bed, so I went to my bed and scrolled through my phone,  then, I received a message from Y/n.

y/n: good evening professor, how are you doing?
me: I'm doing well, how about you?
Y/n: I'm fine, because you were the one who was taking care of me ☺️
me: aww, that's sweet of you, Y/n, you got to go bed now, it's late
Y/n: okay professor, thank you, and goodnight
me:goodnight too, Y/n.

it's absolutely fun to chat with her,
y'all might wondering why I wont tell her about our relationship, well, convincing her to remember the past can trigger her brain, her brain isn't that strong as before, so as her skull, so forcing her to remember moments can easily make her irritated, or make her have trauma.

I'm just visiting and taking care of her, also, talking to her about stories in school and how we met, she doesn't really remember most of the stories I told her, but its helping her a lot.

it's okay if she doesn't remember a lot from the past with me, as long as I'm spending more time with her, and also, she still remembers me, even a single detail.