Chapter 47

"j-jungkook, you're here" I said in a quiet tone.
"h-happy birthday Y/n, you're finally 18, I'm so happy for you, of course, I wouldnt miss your 18th birthday"
he smiles at me, but I know from his inside that he's gonna cry

he smiled at me again, and signaled me to blow my cake, my brother puts fire on the tip of the 2 candles, it says 18, I never felt more happy, then, my friends and my relatives were singing.

"happy birthday, Y/n!" they said in a joyful and happy manner, I smiled and let them finish singing.

"happy birthday Y/n, now, make a wish!" my boyfriend, Namjoon, says, just enough for everyone to hear him.

I closed my eyes, I didn't wish anymore because my wish was already granted, i smiled and opened my eyes, then, I blew the candle from my cake.

all of them clapped their hands and my brother popped 5 party poppers, some even fell on my cake HAHAHAHA.

then, everyone began to eat the food that Namjoon, and my maids prepared for my birthday, I took some on my plate then went to a seat, then, the rest of my guests were choosing the food that they'll eat too.

I sat down peacefully with Namjoon, he seems to be having a great time talking with his students from the past, well, most of them are boys, and few are girls, who are also one of my batch mates,

"professor kim, jade doesn't remember the things that u taught us last year" Russell says sarcastically to namjoon, we laughed so badly, cause I also dont remember the stuff that he taught me too, well, just a bit.

"shut up Russell I still remember it!!" jade says then she slaps Russell's arm, it was so funny.

" for me to be sure, well then, I'm giving you a test later, Jade" namjoon says in a sarcastic tone then he chuckled

"OOOOOOHHHH" my classmates replied, we were all on one big circle table, I chuckled and they started to talk about stuff way back in the past, such as embarrassing moments in class and some other stuff.

it was so fun to be in High School, a lot of memories were kept in our hearts, but sadly, I just had half of memories, because I had to leave and excuse myself from Namjoon's class, but now, we're all here in one table.

I didnt notice Jungkook in the big circle, but until I felt someone watching me from behind, I got a bit curious to know who it was, I looked back and saw Jungkook watching me, he was a bit far from me, like around 30 meters, he raised his hand softly, then moved his fingers, then he smiled,

I wanted to join him, so I excused myself from my batch mates and to Namjoon too, he smiled and they continued chit chatting

I sat beside Jungkook, he seemed to be quiet,

"h-hi" I replied.
" well, hi Y/n" he replied back, while he was playing with his fingers.

me: I really wanted to ask you this question,
jungkook: i-its okay, go ask it.

he was still wearing the matching hoodie that I chose for the both of us, i-it was cute, and it brought me back more memories, but, my head doesn't hurt anymore, I-it was glad to remember them back.

me: why did you had to leave me and senior year? why didnt you say a proper goodbye to me? and why weren't you not replying to my texts when I was asking how were you doing in California? I still worried about you, even if you left me without any sign that you will, because you were my number one best friend, and I loved you so much, just why?

tears started to run all over his cheeks, he was now looking down, watching his fingers while he played with them, he sighed and had the courage now.

Jungkook: the truth was my mom forced me to go to California, she didnt wanted me to text nor call you, she wanted me to forget you, because she said that you were the reason why I was failing on my semester, and I had to go to another school that fits me, I'm really sorry for all of the things that I've done to you, and all of the worries, I wasnt able to do anything, my mom was controlling me, my dad never came back to us, which made my mom go crazy even more, but now, I graduated High School and I'm continuing college here in New York, I was so happy, and relieved that i am able to see you again, but i was worried for your reaction, I never wanted to leave you, baby, I wanted to bring our relationship back, I promise I really wanted to, but now, you're happy with your boyfriend, Professor Kim, I knew that he was the guy that was right for you, he was there for you, from the times that I wasn't, I'm really sorry Y/n, I was weak, I wasnt able to stop my mom.

i cried at his words, i felt that someone stabbed me by the chest, my body's shaking whenever I breathe, I wiped my tears away, my makeup isnt easy to remove, and that was good, but, all this time, I thought that Jungkook's mom was nice, caring ,and a loving mom, but no, she was a Karen, like my mom, and I feel so sorry for kook, we were both victims, he started to tear up even more, I wiped his tears away.

me: it's okay Kook, I was also forced to marry my ex husband, he was a maniac, and he was taking advantage of me, too, but gladly, Namjoon was there to help me cut ties with him,

jungkook: I'm so happy that u found someone that can make you happy for the rest of your life, but, the worst part is, I s-still love you, but I have no choice but to accept the f-fact that you l-love someone else.

his voice started to tremble, and his tears were making a puddle of tears, I sighed, but it didnt help, it made me cry even more, I still love him too, but not as big as before, my feelings faded for him, my memory wasnt that responsive to any of what's happening right now, I held his hands.

me: i-im sorry Kook,

Jungkook: what no, dont be, you should be enjoying tonight, it's your 18th birthday, and you're now an adult!

he said as he smiles at me, he held my hands too and showed me a bunny smile, but I know that in his inside, he was mentally broken, I feel so sorry for breaking his heart.

me: *chuckles * y-yeah I am, and I cant believe it too

I said as I smiled back at him, he was happy to see me smile.

then, after we ate, me, my classmates and my relatives started to play some games, it was so fun, Jungkook joined us, he was still sporty, and active too!

I'm happy that he came in my birthday party.