Chapter 33

10:00 am, Tuesday.

now, I'm in class, I told my students to bring out their notebooks and copy what's posted on the PowerPoint that I presented.

I wanted to make sure that everyone was copying so I roamed around the classroom and checked on their notebooks.

I passed through Y/n's desk, I remembered how I would scold her, well, I didn't really scolded her, but just a lecture,  because she wasn't doing any math solutions correctly, I always helped her, now, she's gone.

darn Y/n, I miss you.

I stopped to Quinn and Rose, they were talking about something, I mischievously checked on their notebooks, well, they're already done copying, so I decided to eavesdrop to their conversation.

what? I'm just curious to know what they're talking about, I'm not a creep, I'm just a professor.

Rose: guess what, Quinn
Quinn: what should I guess?
Rose: Y/n is getting married!!
Quinn: WHAT?! ISNT SHE JUST 17?!
Rose: I was also shocked by the news, I didnt even know that she had a boyfriend
Quinn: I have to ask Y/n about this, she's too young to get married.
Rose: it's still good that we still have contact with her on Facebook, she also tagged by her fiance in a fb pose.
Quinn: this just doesn't feel right.

I froze, I bit my lower lip and stared at the white clean floor, was I too easy to replace? is all that I've done to her is not enough? I sacrificed myself by having sleepless nights just to take care of her,

"you said you needed space from me, but you used that time to replace me"

                          -a line from That Should Be me
                                             by  Justin Bieber

I lost my mood today, I felt my heart drop, tears started to fall on mye eyes but I forced myself not to, and just carried on the PowerPoint presentation, I clicked on the next page and they started to copy again, I gave them enough notes today for the next lesson

I sat down on the Teacher's Seat and covered my face just for my students to not see that I'm terribly crying right now, I secretly took a handkerchief from my pocket and wiped my tears away.

A man cries too.

was my sacrifices not enough for her?
did I not spend time with her, like a lot?
I never knew she would do this to me.
I believed that she loves me, but that turns out to be a lie.

if it weren't for her accident, this will never happen!

I walked out of the classroom, I felt my students' stares at me, I didn't care and just went out of the room, the hallway was empty, perfect enough to let the shit out.

I faced at the wall and started to cry more, I sniffed loudly, but, no one's here, I cried for more than 3 minutes.

how can you do this to me, Y/n?

I just went back in the room and went to the desk, i took deep breaths and continued pressing the pages, I cant cry right now, there are students here right now, and I dont want them to ask me why I'm crying right now.

i carried on the class and continued doing my job.

 10: 30 am, Tuesday

it's now Lunch, i want to be with Professor Ava right now, i went to the faculty room, no teacher was in there, except for Professor Ava, she was reading her book on her desk, she rested her head on her palm while her elbow was resting against her table, i quietly went to her desk and approached her.

me: Professor Ava, can i talk with you?

she placed a bookmark in her book and closed it, then, she looked at me and smiled.

Professor Ava: sure Professor Kim, what are we going to talk about?

me: it's just my ex.

Professor Ava: why? what happened with her?

she said in a curious tone, her eyes were focused on mine, i looked down and told her that

me: she's getting married in less than a week

Professor Ava: what the fuck?! that soon?!  how old is she?

me: s-she's just 17

Professor Ava: s-so she's just 17? s-she's just a minor, if y'all continued your relationship, you could get into jail, because you dated a minor, but, her marrying at 17 doesn't sit right with me, maybe she wasn't ready to get into a serious relationship with you, because she's just 17.

me; you have a point, Professor Ava.

Professor Ava: but, you don't have to think and worry about her, your relationship's invalid now.

me: you know what, Professor Ava, i need someone like you in my life

Professor Ava: awww, let me give you a hugg, you still look sad.

i smiled and went to her and gave her an embrace, this was the first time I hugged a girl after Y/n left me.