29

"You're going to love Christmas," Sunyoung told Sky, who was sitting on her big sister's bed, watching her closely, a stuffed animal in her hands.

Sunyoung was busy cleaning up her bedroom, putting away toys and clothes that were all over, wanting to be on her best behavior since Christmas Eve was the next night, even though she was pretty well behaved all year, she didn't want to take any chances. Moonbyul and Solar were at an office party for Moonbyul's job, which was doubting as a going-away party as well. Mrs. Kim was visiting a friend of hers that lived in Seoul, leaving Mr. Kim to watch the girls. He was busily cooking dinner for them, wanting to surprise them so had Sunyoung stay upstairs with Sky.

Sky watched Sunyoung run around her room, quickly putting clothes away in her closet and drawers. "Sun."

"What's up?" Sunyoung smiled, turning around to face her sister, she saw Sky reaching for something on the desk next to the bed and shook her head. "You can't play with that," She told her sister, picking up an ink stamper that she used to decorate Christmas cards for her moms. She put it in her backpack and set the bag in her closet. Sky frowning but shrugging slightly and reaching in the bowl on the bed next to her to grab a piece of popcorn.

Sunyoung walked over and kissed her sister on the cheek, slipping Sky's sneakers off her of her feet, pulling her socks up higher. "Since momma and Eomma are at a party, I'll give you a bath after dinner, then we can watch a movie with Grandpapa."

Sky smiled brightly at her grandfather's name, nodding when Sunyoung did. "Papa."

"Yep," Sunyoung replied. "He'll watch cartoons with us too, maybe even give us ice cream!" She added excitedly.

Sky shook her head quickly. "No ice."

Sunyoung sat on the bed with her sister and frowned, "You don't want ice cream?"

"No," The baby shook her head quickly.

"What treat do you want?"

"Cookie," Sky mumbled while shaking her head.

Sunyoung smiled. "We can ask Grandpapa to bake some cookies, I'll ask for you," She assured her little sister, who smiled happily and kicked her legs.

Sunyoung jumped up and began to finish tidying up her room, Sky continuing to watch her closely. "Oh, Wendy emailed me pictures from Jeolla, it's so pretty there. She went with her family for Christmas, there's no snow!" She laughed as she ran and picked up her iPad, she scrolled to the pictures she saved and held them up for Sky to see. "Look, she's outside in shorts!"

"Wendy," Sky smiled, pointing at the picture.

"Yep, that's Wendy, I gotta tell her you to remembered her name," Sunyoung laughed, she looked at the time and noticed it was after her allotted internet time so she wrote it down on a piece of paper so she would remember to email her in the morning. "That's how it'll be in Daegu next year for Christmas," She told Sky. "No snow there either, maybe we'll barbeque, that'll be kind of cool," She shrugged.

Sky set her stuffed animal down and crawled to the headboard to pull herself into the standing position. She reached for one of Sunyoung's posters on the wall, but when she couldn't reach it she turned to face her sister and began to jump in the bed, screeching and giggling to herself.

Sunyoung looked up at her and laughed. "You have to be careful," She told her, she walked over and grabbed Sky's hand, she led her to the middle of the bed. "Stay right here and jump."

Sky stared at her and smiled brightly, before getting distracted by the bright colors in her sweatshirt and staring at them instead. "Puppy!"

"Good job, that's a puppy on your shirt," Sunyoung nodded. "I wonder if we got a puppy for Christmas, Eomma, and Momma is spending a lot of time in the basement, and they only go down there to wash clothes."