38

Wednesday 4 pm

"Well, that was very much needed and relaxing little trip...for me at least," Solar smiled, walking into their house.

"Sorry, you had to work through it," She then told Moonbyul.

"It's okay," Moonbyul replied. "I had a great time when I wasn't in the meetings. I really just wanted you to get a little rest, and I can tell you did, so I'm happy. Also, I knew I had to work."

Solar nodded. "Well, thank you, love."

"I wonder where everyone is," Moonbyul asked, looking around the living room before taking her briefcase upstairs, following Solar who had their luggage.

"They must be at the park, the puppies are gone too," Solar replied, immediately pulling their sheets off of their bed to wash. "Sunyoung's bus should be here any minute now, so, I'm sure my parents are on the way back as well."

Moonbyul nodded. "Okay, I'll go get some snacks ready for her. Do you want something?"

Solar shook her head. "Don't make her a snack, I want her to make it for herself, to try to see if she would be able to feed herself after school."

Moonbyul shrugged but nodded and began to change out of her business suit, putting on a pair of jeans and a t-shirt. "Okay, we are giving her a key to the house today?"

"Yeah, just like what we discussed this morning in Busan over breakfast. If I need to run to the store or if something comes up, I want Sun to know her way around the house, especially now that we are in a new environment, and we don't have the same support system as we did in Seoul, where we had a carpool and we knew a bunch of people where we could just have someone pick her up if we needed. We'll have a long talk with her about rules and not letting anyone in the house, which she already knows. She'll be 10 in a few weeks so it's time for a little more responsibility, and I know she can handle it."

Moonbyul opened her mouth to reply just as the doorbell rang, indicating Sunyoung was home. "When you're dressed, come on down, Byul, we can talk to her now before Sky gets back with my parents and distracts her," Solar went down to the door and opened it with a smile, hugging her daughter right away. "How was school?"

"Hey, Eomma!" She beamed hugging her mother right away. "Is momma back home too?"

"Yeah, she is," Solar nodded with a smile, lifting Sunyoung easily in her arms and kissing her on the forehead before setting her back down. "How was school?"

"Good," Sunyoung smiled, opening her fist and handing Solar a tooth. "Another one came out!"

"Whoa," Solar smiled. "Well, we will leave it out for the tooth fairy. When did it come out, at school?"

"Nope, just now on the bus," Sunyoung laughed.

Solar laughed too. "Okay, baby, go rinse your mouth out then come back to the living room, your Momma and I need to talk to you about something super important."

Sunyoung froze, her body immediately stiffening. "What happened?" She asked quietly.

"Hey, Sun!" Moonbyul beamed because Sunyoung turned around, a worried look on her face. "What's wrong?" She asked as the young girl walked slowly to her and allowed Moonbyul to hug her.

"Eomma said you need to talk about something important," Sunyoung mumbled.

Moonbyul rubbed her back while kissing the top of her head repeatedly. "You have to calm down, honey," She told her soothingly, glancing up at Solar, who shrugged in confusion.