51

"Thank you," Moonbyul smiled, handing her keys to the valet and accepting the ticket, and handing it to Solar right away when she reached the sidewalk. "Can you stick this in your purse?"

"Sure," Solar replied then slipping the ticket in her wallet and accepting Moonbyul's hand.

The two were at a gala for Solar's hospital and her being chief of surgery she was expected to attend a number of events. Even though Solar wasn't in the mood after a long day of surgeries, she got dressed and did her hair and make-up with a smile. After cooking dinner for Sunyoung and Sky not wanting the babysitter to order them a pizza. She patiently waited for Moonbyul to come home from her own work happy hour and quickly change and freshen up her makeup before heading out.

"It's so warm out tonight," Solar smiled as they followed the signs and walked over the small bridge and through the garden to the Esquire Center ballroom.

Moonbyul was in a lady suit with a tie that matches her suit, a pair of black pumps, and had her hair loose. Moonbyul nodded and I squeezed her hand. "Yes, I hope my hair doesn't curl up," She giggled softly.

Solar laughed. "Your hair, I'm worried about mine becoming a wing in this humidity," She sighed, lifting her hand and gently patting flying few hairs. She opted against a dress too and was wearing a tailored black suit that had red stitching and white lapels on the blazer. The suit pants were cropped and hugged her leg just above her ankle showing off her black patent leather peep-toe pumps and her bright pink pedicure. "Thanks for coming with me tonight, I know you had your own work thing, but with this being my first work event I really wanted you right by my side as my wife."

"I wouldn't miss this for anything," Moonbyul assured her with a smile. "You stopped going to work events back in Seoul, so I'm happy you're back in the swing of things down here."

Accepting a glass of champagne from the server by the door and nodding a thank you before Solar shrugged. "I didn't stop, they just all seemed to mesh together, and with Sky being so young I didn't want both of us gone so much."

Moonbyul accepted her glass and nodded. "I hear you, Dr. Kim-Yi. I'm excited to see your work in this room," She teased as Solar led them over to the sign-in table to find out which table they were seated at. They followed the host to their table and noticed they were the first people there so she picked the seats facing the stage.

"Is it just people from your hospital coming or?" Moonbyul asked, glancing at her cell phone and quickly replying to an e-mail from her assistant, before slipping it back into her purse.

Solar smiled at a few of her colleagues before shaking her head. "No, a few other hospitals in the city I think, and some donors."

"Okay."

"So, that's my assistant chief of surgery," Solar gave Moonbyul a heads up as a tall gentleman walked over towards them, Solar and Moonbyul standing up right away and bowing.

"Dr. Kim-Yi," He smiled, extending his hand to shake Solar's. "This must be Mrs. Kim-Yi, I recognize you from the pictures in Solar's office."

Moonbyul blushed slightly and nodded. "Good eye," She smiled. "Call me Moonbyul."

"Moonbyul, this is Dr. Ji-Hoon Pyo, assistant chief of surgery, he's a neurosurgeon," Solar introduced them, "JiHoon, this is my wife, Moonbyul."

"Flying solo tonight?" Solar asked as she is wrapping her arm around Moonbyul's waist and resting her hand on her hip casually.

"Yeah, my wife is out of town on business," JiHoon nodded. "My mom has our kids, so I was able to sneak away," He teased.

Moonbyul smiled as Solar and Jihoon chatted for a few minutes before a few other doctors came over and greeted Solar. Solar proudly introducing Moonbyul to each doctor individually every time, never doing a lazy group introduction, no matter how many people approached their table. After meeting close to 10 different doctors they finally had a moment to themselves and were able to sit back down.