im (not) ready to die (not yet)

so this request (@boredan) and if i didnt interpret this correctly, i apologize. also im writing this during class so sorry if this is bad lmao. do as i say not as i do. (also since this was during class it turned into more of a drabble im sorry)

little background info: is set during endgame before the battle with Thanos. Peter didnt "die" in Infinity War. 

Nothing. They were doing nothing. Thanos had wiped out half of the population. 50% of all living things on Earth and they couldn't do shit. Tony was lost in space. Gamora was dead, not even because of the snap. The only Guardian left was Rocket. Clint was nowhere to be found. Why had this happened? Why now? Why Earth of all places?

(Small time skip to after they killed Thanos in the beginning)

Peter hadn't the faintest idea. He didn't want to be here. He didn't want to sit here for the next six months. Doing nothing. They had studied all they could. They had killed Thanos, now what? What were they supposed to do?

Tony and Pepper didn't spend time with him anymore. Yet he doubted that Pepper knew his identity anyways. So, Peter busied himself with Queens. He contacted Happy every know and then. Just checking in on Tony mostly. Seeing if the other Avengers needed any help (they never did, not that Peter could blame them, they wouldn't ask him for help. He was a nobody).

Until one day, peter had enough. He wasn't a nobody. He could help. He studied under Mr.Stark. Mr. Stark had made him an avenger. Fuck Nick Fury and his project from the 90's. He wasn't even here anymore! The snap left him as dust! Steve couldn't say anything either he was busy with his two-bit therapy group that him and two other people went to.

Thinking back on the therapy thing, maybe therapy would do Steve some good.

Peter shook his head and put on his suit. Only Tony knew his identity he doubted the Avengers would take him seriously as a 16 year old boy anyways. Maybe they wouldn't even take Spiderman seriously. Either way, Peter was going to the facility. He was going to make use of himself.

Peter wasn't sure if he arrived to soon or not soon enough. He was starting to have a few regrets, maybe he shouldn't be here. Maybe he shouldn't be using Tonys' word that he was an Avenger. Did Tony even tell the others that? Was it just in that moment? Was it because he though Peter was going to die?

Peter decided to not think about it to much as he walked into the compound. He didn't need to think negatively right now. He opened the doors and walked in.

"If your going to tell me to calm down Steve it is going to work," Natashas exasperated voice met Peters' ears. So Steve was here today. Great.

"Hey guys," Peter interrupted before the two could spiral into a fight.

Natasha and Steve looked up from each other and over to Peter. "Oh, hey Spiderman."

Peter gave them a wave, "Just decided to stop by and see if I can help with anything." As Peter continued into the room he could see the others sitting with them. Captain Marvel, Tony (even though he looked unhappy), Nebula, Rhodey, and Rocket. They looked at him as if he were crazy. "I hope Im not interrupting anything."

Tony shook his head, "No, nothing important." He ignored the dark look the Captain gave him mas he said that. "Why don't you sit in on the rest of todays' meeting, Spidey."

Peter nodded and seated himself beside Tony who put a reassuring hand on his leg.

Steve cleared his throat, "Right before Natasha interrupted me and our guest came in, we were addressing a different approach to getting the stones back. Bruce and I looked over it, he isn't here right now unfortunately, appointment or something. The only problem is we might not all come back. With the state of the world right now, I don't find it very safe for all of us to go, though Bruce has assured me the percentage of not all of us returning is only a 5% chance. Thats too big in my book. However, if the majority of you agree then I suppose that I would have no other option, then to allow us to-"

"Bullshit."

Steve looked toward the voice, "Excuse me?"

Peter stood up, "You heard me bullshit. Some of us," he looked over to where Wanda was now standing at the back of the room. "Are kids, we should be living our fucking lives, not figuring out how to cheat death! Because you know what? Everyone fucking dies! To hell with the state of the world, billions of people have already died and your saying that this plan that might actually work and doesn't have that high of a death rate, could get the stones back and fix everything but you don't want a few moe people to die? Just because what? They are your friends?"

Peter walked over to him, "Or is it that this situation just hitting a little close to home for you, Steve. Because Ill remind you you still have Bucky and Peggy wasn't taken from you, you took yourself away from her." Peter went behind him, pointing at others as he sadi their name, "Mr. Stark has already his fair share of almost dying i'm sure he wouldn't mind another one. Natsha already lost everything, theres no point in her staying alive for anyone un less Clint is still out there but we dont know where the fuck he is, now do we? Carol only came here to help beac sue she found Tony and Nebula in a ship! Theres a bunch of different planets she could be on right now and seeing as she hasn't age a day in about 30 years im pretty sure shes immortal! Everyone here either has already lost everything or has nothing to lose in the first place, so for the love of God Steven Rogers, take some initiative!"

Everyone else was vaguely shocked that this puny wanna be vigilante hero had some nerve to talk to Steve like that. Tony especially.

"And this coming from what? A vigilante who is too scared to show their own face?" (wow steve great comeback.)

Peter, the ever loving savage that he is, looked at Steve through his mask and with one hand, took it off. "At least Im not going to war over it."

Tony couldn't help but feel proud.

"And as far as Im concerned, Im an Avenger bitch. One that has nothing left to loose, so whats the plan? Because if your not going to try, I sure as hell am and I don't care if I don't come back."

(The others went with him, he was  the only one to not comeback. and his pleas of "I dont want to die," were only heard by Tonys' ears. But the population was back. Thats all they could be happy for.)

("What was the kids name again, Tony?" Steve asked as they bordered the quinjet[?] without the teen. 

"Peter, Peter Parker," Tony looked at him. "And he was a damn good Avenger.")

this did not turn into a semi-fix it fic where there was a way to get teh stones without time travel and Peter ended up dying in order to save half the population, absolutely not.

anyways this sucked a$$ but yeah, hope you enjoy. 

stay safe and I love you!

-GS