five ways to let her know (you dont always have to)

another five plus one but for spideychelle! let me know if there are any other peter ships you want me to do this with! (no illegal ships)  i forgot who requested this, sorry!! i tend to do that alot huh?

i.

Peter knew Michelle didn't like him back. He knew that. Yet, he couldn't stop himself from letting his heart skip a beat when he noticed a text message from her. He let himself smile when he noticed that she was drawing him in thought. He knew he was too far gone. Ned made sure to remind him that. All the time.

"You know, Pete, if you don't ask her out someone else will," Ned looked at him as he ate his lunch. Peter just huffed. 

"Ned, its not like that. You don't just ask MJ out you have to have method to it. "

Ned snorted, "What's your method? Drooling from a far?" 

Peter ignored him the remainder of lunch. 

ii.

Peter was not drooling from afar as Ned had put it the other day. He just didn't know how to talk to girls. MJ wasn't someone you just talked to for no reason. He had to have a reason to talk to her... luckily they were both in in Decathlon team... right?

"Hey MJ!" Peter called out to her as she was leaving practice.

MJ stopped walking and turned back around, "Yeah Parker?"

Peter froze for a second, what was he supposed to ask her?

"When the next meet?"

MJ stood there for a second before looking him up and down and answering, " Next Thursday. You feeling okay, Parker?"

Peter nodded back to her, albeit rushed, MJ seems to talk it though she she nodded, and left the gym.

Peter sighed as Ned came up behind him, "Smooth, buddy, real smooth."

Peter whined, "At least I talked to her.."

Ned grinned, "And she worried about you. Means she cares. At least a little bit."

Peter was not blushing.

iii.

   "Peter, I love you, man, I really do, but your hopeless," Ned sighed. 

The boy in question whined, "I know I am Ned, you don't have to remind me!" Peter groaned and put his head on the lunch table.  

The lunch room was quiet for once. MJ was alone at a table a few feet away from them. Everyone was talking quietly amongst themselves. Of course, Peter could hear their conversations anyway. MJ didn't have any food with her. Instead, she just had a drawing notebook, a pencil, and some earbuds to listen to her music.  

"Give her some food," Ned interrupted Peters' thoughts. 

"W- What?"

"Well, MJ didn't get anything, and she has to be hungry... so... you know... you go give her something and then she will love you and you can date?"

Peter rolled his eyes, "Ned, she isn't going to fall in love with me if i give her food."

"Then why are you getting up with half of your sandwich?" Ned smirked. 

Peter didn't answer him. Instead, he took half of his wrapped sandwich, and set it down next to MJ. She didn't seem to notice but Peter left anyways. A few seconds later, MJ was happily munching on it.

iv.

School continued as normal. Peter didn't get any closer to advancing on MJ. Ned silently encouraged him, and outwardly heckled him. Peter was almost ready to give up on the whole thing. Follow the whole, 'if you love them, let them go' shebang. Ned wouldn't let him. 

"Dude, you've come this far. Might as well see it through."

"Yeah, but seeing it through is a terrifying though," Peter said desperately. 

"Come on, what's the worst she's going to do if you ask her out?"

"She could kill me. She could reject me and then kill me. She could reject me and then bully me. There's many things that could happen, Ned!"

Ned rolled his eyes and turned his attention back to his homework. Peter groaned and did the same. God he was pathetic. Why could he not ask her out? Was it really so hard?

-

The next day, it was raining as Peter walked to school. He, luckily, actually looked at the weather forecast so he was prepared with an umbrella. MJ on the other hand, was not. When Peter had gotten to school he witnessed a soaking wet MJ. 

"You look like a wet cat!" Ned laughed a bit. MJ glared. 

MJ had hoped the rain would clear up by the time school was over, but it didn't, it was still pouring. Peter was just getting out of his last class as he saw MJ hesitating to go outside the school building. 

"Here," Peter smiled and held out his umbrella. 

"What are you going to do if I take this, dumbass?" MJ deadpanned, pushing the umbrella away.

Peter shrugged, "I walk fast anyways." He held it out to her again, "take it." 

Begrudgingly, MJ did. 

v.

It was a week later, when it finally happened. Ned silently thanked whatever entity was above them for the two finally getting their shit together. Though, it had happened completely on accident. 

Peter had noticed all day that MJ seemed off, and when she didn't show up at lunch, even to just draw, he got worried. So, he went to find her. He found MJ on a staircase to the basement of the school. She was silently crying, but Peter could hear her. 

"MJ?" Peter asked softly, approaching her. 

MJ sniffed, "Go away, Peter."

Peter smiled a bit as he sat down net to her, "What no nickname today?"

MJ kindly gave him the middle finger. 

"Sorry," Peter apologized as he carefully put an arm around her. "What happened?"

"My dad came home today."

Peter blinked a couple times, MJ didn't talk about her home life. Ever. "Isn't that a good thing?"

MJ scoffed, "We haven't heard from him in years, Parker."

"That didn't answer my question."

MJS demeanor softened, "Yeah, it would  be a good thing if him and mom could stop fighting for 10 seconds."

"I'm sorry, MJ," Peter pulled her into a side hug. 

The two sat like that in silence until the lunch bell rang. MJ got up first.

"Well... got to go to class. Bye, Peter," MJ got up and walked to the entrance of the staircase, before turning back and kissing Peter's cheek.  

Peter was late to his next class. Ned wanted the details later. 

I'm done! This has been in my drafts for months now. I was going to wait until Memorial Day to release this, but i decided to write this instead of doing school work, so Ill release it early!

The thing about MJs dad being gone is cannon by the way! Its on the Michelle Jones wiki page. 

I hope you guys are staying safe! Love yall!

- GS

*NOT PROOFREAD*