Flashback(Only Katara and Sokka's POVs)

Katara's POV:

When I was 9 my dad went over all the family traditions. If a man were to propose to a woman they need to make a blue betrothal necklace. The man in the relationship also always had to be older, this tradition I hate because I'm dating Aang who is two months younger than me. Also if you are to do...it with someone you need to be married, which I already  messed up. The marriage centuries ago had to be arranged, now you can marry who you want. And a very important one, once you are engaged you can't back out of it as you are leaving your 'soulmate'.

Sokka's POV:

Then Dad went over the very important ones for boys or men like "Never wear makeup it's too feminine or don't wear skirts also too feminine." That one DISGUSTED me, we should really start normalising boys/men wearing makeup/skirts. That and the one where women are supposed to after marriage just shut up, do housework and produce kids. After this, Katara thought that was how life had to be until she turned 14 then she wouldn't do it anymore. She said, "I'm my own person." and that was it. On her 15th birthday everything changed however.

Katara's POV:

On my 15th birthday, Dad went into my room and said "Come with me." I was confused but I did as such. A man about the age of 18 was there, I thought he wanted to be my friend I was wrong. My dad left the room and allowed us to chat, "So, you're Katara right?" I nodded. My dad came in again, "Alright, so you getting to know each other well?" My hand movement was like 'Kinda'. He nodded, the man looked at me not at my face but at my chest. 'A bit weird' I thought to myself, then my dad left again and the man was about to kiss me. I pushed him away. 

"Why did you do that?" he asked, "I barely know you." I said, "Oh okay, I'll introduce myself. I'm, you don't need to know my name, your...how do I say this as you're a girl you won't understand the proper terms." His behavior disgusted me. Then in a slight baby voice he said, "So basically next year we will be married, and then you have to become a 'mommy' to my children." I pushed him away, "You abhorrence me, you got that?" I say. "Wow. Turns out the girl knows too much." He leaned into kiss me yet again but I again pushed him away. Then Dad came in. 

"Katara, you okay?" he said. "NO I AM NOT! That man is constantly wooing at me." I said very mad. "Sweetheart, I know you're scared but this is your fate. This man is your fiance, end of. Now give your fiance a kiss or something." he then left, "You heard your father. Kiss me or something." "Alright, the or something it is." I say punching him in the face. "Baby, I know you didn-" "Don't call me 'Baby' you disgusting vulgarian." He then told me to 'calm down' as he was about to begin to take off my pyjamas. "I knocked him out and ran to Sokka's room.

Sokka's  POV:

Katara knocked on my door, she didn't have to. I knew she was upset, I hugged her and she cried so much. "What are you doing?" she said in between sobs. I showed her a picture of the girl I was supposed to propose to, the girl was 14 at the time. "So what happened?" I asked her, stroking her hair to calm her down. "He kept on trying to kiss me. Then he told me I'm his 'fiance'. I punched him in the face and then I called him a disgusting vulgarian. He said 'Baby, calm down' and attempted to take off my pyjamas. He was staring at my chest the whole time."

I looked sympathetically at my little sister. As much as we fight and annoy each other, we're always there for the other sibling. "How old was the man?" I asked, "I don't know, he looks 18-25." "Well did you find him attractive or?" "Heck no. He's a disgusting man looking at a 15 year old's chest and trying to take off that same 15 year old's pyjamas so she's unclad." I smiled at my sister, she's so intelligent for her age. "Yeah, I'm gonna be..." she then continued imitating him, "the 'mommy' to his kids." And then back in her normal voice, "No thanks, I will never do that."

"Let's hope you find someone else soon. Dad said your wedding is on the day after your 16th birthday." "WHAT?! Ugh, I hate that guy. He's like, "Oh you're a minor? Let's get married the day after your 16th birthday just so you can be my puppet." I feel like crying, I know how she feels to be honest. Katara then leaves but comes back with a vastly revealing white short dress. "Uh sis. Why do you have that?" I say, "Oh this DISGUSTING thing is what you'll see your sister wearing in 366 days." she says, "How?!" "I know. And I'm supposed to NEVER EVER take this off." Oh my.