Chapter 78:- Eiran, Luke, Cosmo, Zander and Xenos

Gary tried not to ponder on yesterday's talks as he sat down for the experiment. His father was dead to him, it was as simple as that.

When his eyes closed, Gary found himself transported to another one of Unown's cruel plays. The brunet had wished with all of his heart to go back to when he was five, wishing that there was an Unown who'd captured the smile of his mother, the smell of her breakfast, and the blackness of her hair.

But that's not what happened, instead, Gary found himself in a very old cave. The darkness underneath was blinding, if it wasn't for the torches on the wall, he would've mistaken the cave for the color black.

"Where are they?!" Screamed a man with her black hair, clad from head to toe in chain mail armor.

Ash? Wondered Gary.

"There were supposed be here an hour ago," another voice said, "do you think Orrean's crossed the moat?"

Gary turned back and found himself face to face with his doppelgänger, but unlike him, he was wearing a chain mail armor.

"No," said Ash, "the Gods are powerful but we have an ace up our sleeve, Luke."

Gary's doppelgänger, Luke, sighed. He leaned back against the wall, sighing in pain.

"Are you sure this will work, Eiran?" Asked Luke, "we cannot win against 26 Unown's and the legendaries."

"We can't," sighed Eiran, "but can try. We shouldn't give up until the very end. Even if we're defeated—"

The sound of approaching footsteps filled the cave, the two of them drew their swords. In a matter of seconds, the darkness was overpowered by the silveriness coming from their weapons.

Two figures descended the stairs, both clad in armor.

"Sorry for the delay," said the woman with shiny blue hair.

"Did you find the dagger?" Asked Eiran.

The blue-haired nodded, "It's with Zander."

Zander, who looked ridiculously like Calem, took out a heavy-looking object from his pouch. Gary couldn't comprehend what it was, the package was draped in a certain white cloth with the letter 'X' printed across its surface.

"Here," he gave the dagger to Eiran, "take it, we don't have much time."

The raven-haired gave him a meaningful nod as he took the dagger in his hands. Gary couldn't help but notice the exquisite workmanship of the object. Its sleek body and exterior were marvelous. The brunet couldn't comprehend the last time he'd seen something so delicate and ancient.

There was one detail which intrigued him, on the hilt was an Unown.

"Are you sure that it'll work?" Luke asked the blue-haired, "you've been wrong on many occasions, Cosmo."

Cosmo's nostrils fumed in anger as she snatched the dagger from the hands of Eiran. She pushed Luke to the side and walked in front of the cave. A sigh escaped her lips as she wrapped her hands around one of the torches and pulled it down.