Chapter 46:- The Neuron Induced Hallucination

Ash had lost the track of time.

Then again, a lot of things had changed over the past few minutes. His threshold for pain had increased manifold times, his new constant was what he considered to be suicidal past few years ago.

The shock waves had changed the chemistry of his body, mind, and soul. He didn't know how he was still alive, by this time he should've been dead.

Maybe he was still dying, he'd heard from Gary that after a person dies they still had 7 minutes of brain activity left, maybe the dreams he was seeing was his leftover brain activity.

"What I'm going to do, Charlie Blue!" He saw a man exasperate in pain, he looked an awful lot like Ash, he had the same hair, eyes, and even body. Except Ash has two thunderbolt scars on his cheeks and the man had one.

He was sitting in an empty bar that looked old, almost like the one he'd seen at the Raider Manor. Sitting next to him was another man perhaps the same age, he looked like Gary a lot except for his hair which hung like a mullet over his head.

"How would I now?" The man named Charlie said, "I gave you my supply didn't I?"

"And I used it!" He looked drunk, "but... Charlie!"

Charlie patted the man's back, "I want to say it'll work out for the best but..." he took a deep breath before bursting into a laugh, "...it's hilarious!"

He looked at Charlie with a grotesque expression. "Laugh all you want, I can't wait to see your face when this happens to you."

The smile on Charlie's face disappeared, "Did Beth say something? She did, didn't she? Fuck!" He grabbed a handful of his hair and buried his face on the table.

The man smacked Charlie's head, "No Beth didn't say anything! My Diane did! What am I going to do?!"

"I don't know!"

"I mean, I can't be a father! I've barely grown up! I don't even eat my vegetables and Dex... Arceus, Spandex is going to get so jealous, and... oh Arceus the war! What if... what if something happens to me?"

Charlie sighed and put his hand affectionately on the man's back. "Nothing will happen to you, Jamsie. I promise it."

Jamsie and Charlie... thought Ash, why are my father and Charlus doing in my neuron induced hallucination?

The scene shifted dramatically, Ash found himself in a lavish hotel room. The sheets on the four-poster bed were all white and the drapes and the chandeliers were decorated in delicate golden work.

Ash saw a certain honey blond sitting at the corner of the bed, her hands were clutching a certain paper of sorts. She looked in shock, almost as if she was shaking. Ash walked a little closer to her, he had a feeling who it was but if he could just...

Before he could step up, the woman got up quite angrily and threw the paper across the room. It skidded along on the clean floor and ended a few inches away from him. Ash bent down next to it and saw the front cover.

It was Ash and Misty, a picture snapped by a Paparazzi. Ash was standing behind her, holding her waist as they watched the sunset, Misty's head was resting on his shoulder.

The headline was 'Spotted: Blossoming love in the Cerulean City!'

It had been such a long time that Ash had forgotten about the little headline, ever since he won the Indigo Plateau master league, he'd found out that people were especially very interested in learning about his love life. It was Misty who'd warned him.

The thought of her sent a wrenching down his gut, the horrible break up they'd suffered was still giving him nightmares.

The woman now had her hands wrapped around her neck as if she was supporting it, she took a few breaths and tried to recompose herself.