Chapter 16:- No Choice

"Where did she go?" Dawn asked. "Are we allowed to leave?"

Ailsa tapped her feet on the ground. "You're not, and someone go get that stupid child."

"She's not stupid!" Grace argued.

Joanne scoffed, "Well she's your daughter, stupidity is above par, I'll tell you that."

"Mom!" Dawn protested.

"You!" Grace yelled as she pounced from her seat with her knife. Luckily for Joanne, Charlus caught Grace by her waist and lifted her off the ground before she could take out Dethany's.

"Keep your claws in, kitten!" He yelled as Grace protested to get out of his grip.

"Let me go!" She yelled while nearly bitting his arm but was stopped by Ailsa.

"Oh for God's sake, behave like an Adult woman!" She yelled, "Sit down, Charlus go get that girl!"

"She's my daughter," Grace said. "I'll go after her!"

Delia laughed, "Sure, mother of the year."

"Mom!" Ash protested.

Grace clenched her fists in anger, perhaps if she wasn't grown, she would've killed them all with a single blow. But unfortunately, time and luck were never on her side, she took a deep breath and settled down. She then glared at Charlus.

"What?" He said because her stares made him conscious.

"Go get her you stupid Oak!" She burst out which made him jerk back.

Charlus sighed and ran down the hill. Serena sure knew how to run, before he caught up to her, she was already half the way through the yellow stones.

"Serena, wait!" He said, but she didn't respond and continued strolling down.

Charlus ran even faster to catch up to her,  "Serena stop." He said as she walked along with her.

Serena closed her ears and yelled, "I can't hear you!"

Charlus chuckled and grabbed her hand which lead to her jerking backward. "Hey get your hands off me, pedophile!"

Charlus instantly dropped his hands, "Pedophile?" He said in a disgusting tone. "Is that what you think of me?"

Serena shrugged off, "I just met you dude, and you stared at me for three whole minutes!"

Charlus understandingly nodded, "Severs me right, but I assure you I'm not a pedophile."

I liked your mother, he thought. You're her daughter with bloody Jorum, how can I like you?

"Fine," She said. "But go, because I'm not coming back."

Serena started descending again, Charlus sighed as he descended along with her. "You really don't have a choice."

Serena groaned, "Of course I do! It's my life."

"Well. sweetheart, It was my life too and I didn't get a choice either. And my mother was the chairman."

Serena snapped, "Don't call me sweetheart! And I don't care because I'm running out." Charlus chuckled after hearing her snap, "What's so funny?" Serena asked.

Charlus smiled before saying, "You're awfully like your mother you know? She was beautiful on the outside but from the inside, she was as wild as an untamed Taurus, and- you don't carry knives do you?"

Serena frowned, "Who carries around knives? Oh don't tell me, mom carried around knives?"

"Yeah!" Charlus exclaimed. "She called them Deathany's."