Chapter 57:- Dark Viridian

Not the boy... please not the boy!

You're... alive?

I wish it was you who was dead!

Where is she?

Not the boy... not the boy... not the boy, please!

No!

Gary woke up sweating, it was strange because ever since he'd been living underwater, he woke up with chills and goosebumps. His eyes were met with darkness, it was still the dead of night. His whole body started to ache as he sat up.

Ever since they'd escaped from the Unown's dimension, Gary had been an acquaintance to the occasional nightmares. They used to be small, a scene and a scream at a time but nowadays they were getting stronger... more intense.

What if they're real? He couldn't help but ask.

They're not, he told himself over and over again, they can't be.

You heard Ash's screams, that one was true.

There is a word for it, he convinced himself, and it's called coincidence.

But his mind wouldn't agree, and honestly, Gary didn't blame him because after what his eyes had witnessed... the horror and the screams, he wouldn't trust his words either.

But he wasn't the only one who'd witness the horrors in the Unown's dimension.

There was another.

"Come in," said Dawn.

Seeing Gary at the other end, she was surprised. If there was a smug on his face, she would've kicked his face so hard that he'd be eating out of his nose for months while they reset his jaw.

But Gary looked normal, almost afraid.

"Why aren't you asleep?" He asked, "it's the dead of the night."

"Because you knocked on my door for ten minutes straight?" She snapped, she had been sleeping halfheartedly when he went through of entire verse of gotta catch 'em all on her door.

"Oh, I can come back," he started to leave.

"Tell me why you came or else I swear I'll rip your balls off!"

Gary sighed and walked inside, "Someone needs to take her bitchy pills."

The blue-haired groaned and slumped back on her bed with a thump. Her mother was in charge of the southern center, it came with its perks as Dawn was the owner of the fluffiest bed in the hell hole.

Gary pushed her legs aside and sat down at the end of the bed, his shoulders were slumped and so were his eyes. They looked droopy and sad.

"Do you... see them often?"

She frowned, "See what?"

"The... nightmares in the... dimension."

Dawn bit her lip, she had navigated through the dimension along with Gary, she had witnessed the horror which they'd share, of course, there were some nightmares they'd witnessed solo but... Dawn's hadn't made any sense.

Their time in the dimension hadn't affected her as much as it had affected Gary Oak.

"No," she said, "do you?"

His silence was answer enough.

"Oh Gary," Dawn put aside her quilt, "you should talk to someone about it."