Chapter 9:- The Reuniting

Luckily for Serena, Gary carried around a little box of first-aid. Patching up a little injury was no big deal for him.

"Jeez, are you a nurse?" Ash commented after seeing him finish Serena's patching.

"Shut it," Serena retorted.

"Ouch," Gary said playfully, "someone is hated by little Serena here."

"I can throw you off this property if I want to," Ash said after glared at Gary for a moment.

"Speaking of it, how in the hell is this your property?" Gary asked as he got up and stretched his arms, "till yesterday you didn't even know you're and now he gave you a property."

"I'm not sure either," Ash replied, "did you know that Red wasn't even his name, it was like his middle name, his full name was James Red Raider."

"At least it's cool, my fathers is something like Charlus Blue Oak. Huh, Charlus sounds bloody idiotic."

"Speaking of him, where is he nowadays?"

"Up in the house," Gary answered.

Ash snapped his neck with a jerk as if something sharp had touched his neck. "Your is a father is here?!" He asked in a flabbergasted tone.

"Yeah," Gary replied who had a passive reaction, "he was the reason I came here in the first place. He called me, directly asking me to like come to Kanto. It was weird mostly."

"Weird is not the word for it, stupid. How long has it been since our parents met? Do you remember the last time they met? The summer camp was a disaster."

"Nothing about them is simple," Gary said as he turned his face around, "I looked into him like you asked to."

Ash scoffed, "Was that the reason you weren't in your right mind in Sinnoh? What did you find?"

"Nothing." Gary answered, "there isn't a single record of him after he threw away his title of Johto. And there didn't exist a Delia Ketchum prior to twenty years."

Silence overtook the conversation as both of them stared at the dense forest that underlined the Raider Manor.

"You investigated your own parents?" Serena asked suddenly being interested.

"Yes, princess." Gary quickly spoke before Ash could open his mouth, "you would too if you had parents like ours."

Serena sighed as she brushed dirt off her clothes. Her parents were nothing like theirs, she knew that. They were more strange secretive and dangerous than theirs ever could be.

They said that their parents didn't exist prior to twenty years, Serena scoffed at the thought because according to the reports, the famous rider Grace Yvonne died years ago. Serena could never forget the sleepless nights that she'd spent listening to her parent's quarrel outside. The sound of the broken jars kept her up all night. It was the sound she feared the most.

Serena didn't notice her brows curl up in a furrow until Gary, much to Ash's distress, poked his finger in the middle of her crease. "Why're you frowning?"

"Huh?" Serena huffed while brushing his hand off, "No particular reason."

"Speaking of reasons, what the hell are you doing here?" Gary asked as he tried not to sound rude but he obviously did a pathetic job of it.

"My mom asked me to come to Kanto, she brought me here."

"Your mom?" Ash asked hysterically, "what is it with parents and this place? Three of us on the same day? Did they know each other?"