Chapter 25:- Strike Team Alpha

If the coldness didn't kill him, Ash was sure he was going down for the murder of Gary Oak.

"It's cold!" He said for the millionth time, "I'm freezing!"

"Again... you already said that!"

Gary cursed beneath his breath as he continued tapping his foot impatiently. "It's not the cold that—"

Ash didn't wait for him to finish the sentence, his hands found a way to Gary's thick brain and hit him hard.

Gary fell like a damsel in distress on the wet floor. "What was that for?" He screeched.

"Don't say I didn't warn you."

Ash got up and traveled to the bunker. They were following a particularly disturbing UER that led them halfway across the Orre. But even after spending days in the tundra, they had no promising leads. This was a particularly nasty unown.

"We'll scout more area tomorrow," said Ash as he put down his binoculars, "there is a storm brewing inside."

Ash hadn't expected a yes from Gary but the least he could've done was grunted. Ashton turned back and found Gary buried in his phone screen, a subtle smile spread on his face.

"What?" Asked Ash.

"Dawn and Serena found an unown!" Gary jumped up with happiness, "they found an unown!"

"Why are you happy?" He questioned, "didn't you have a bet going on with Dawn?"

"I did it!" He exclaimed, "but no bet is worth staying in this frozen hell!"

Ash frowned as he went towards their little kitchen, he boiled water for his ramen and said, "We're not leaving, at least not until we find that nasty bugger."

The smile on Gary's face died down. "Oh no no no!" He ran towards him, "I'm not staying here any longer than I have to!"

"You have to."

"I don't!" He screamed, "they need a strike team and we're the closest!"

"It's not like their unown is in danger of exploding."

"It might as well be!"

Ash sighed as he poured water over his frozen noodles. "This is my mission, Gary. I respected you in your previous one and I expect you to do the same to me."

Gary said some more colorful insults as he sank on the couch, the sound of his teeth clattering filled the room once again. Ash picked up his noodle and sat right to him. Soon, the smell of spicy ramen filled the confined space as soon as he took off the lid, steam vapors covered his face providing additional warmth.

"You know..." said Gary, a little spark of hope sprouting in him, "if we don't respond, the page goes over towards Strike team Beta... you do know who's in beta don't you?"

Ash put down the spoon full of ramen which was mere centimeters away from his mouth. He put down the box with a thump, droplets of broth leaked from the box, and onto the table.

"I hate you, you bastard."

Gary smirked, "You love me."

By the time Gary and Ash reached the factory, smoke was coming out of the top.

"What the—" Gary exchanged worried glanced with Ash, they stood still for a moment before rushing their way to the top.

"I thought they weren't supposed to act until we got there!" Exclaimed Ash as he galloped on the stairs.

"It's Dawn!" Gary said as if it was answer enough, "what else did you expect!"

Ash knew the answer to that but it wasn't Dawn as Gary suspected. It wasn't Serena either. Out of the four of them at the Academy, Serena and Dawn were the most level headed and sensible people he knew.