Chapter 85:- Finding Ash

"Where is Ash?!" Cried Serena, her voice overpowered by the storm ranging above her.

"I thought he was with you!" Screamed Dawn as she pulled Spencer and his Unown into the jet.

The intensity of the downpour had increased manifold times since they first stepped on the island. Above them, thunder roared. A wintry feeling in her heart seemed to tell that the thunder roaring above them symbolized the emotional rollercoaster which was about to wreak havoc on their mission.

Behind her, footsteps echoed.

Serena turned back hopefully, her heart thumping with nervousness.

"Gary!" She cried, "where is Ash?!"

The brunet stopped dead in his tracts. "What do you mean by that? He was supposed to be with you!"

"He left midway! I thought he went to answer your distress call!"

"I went to answer his call," Dawn stepped down from the plane, "Ash never came."

The siblings took one look at each other. They shared a meaningful nod before rushing towards the entrance.

"If we don't come back in five minutes, leave!" Serena cried.

They were in quite a haste. Serena and Gary weren't as careful compared to when they first stepped in. It was Serena's idea to go back to the place where the two lost contact.

"Uh-oh," breathed Serena after seeing two armed guards standing beneath the unscrewed vent from where she'd entered.

However, before they could open their mouth, they dropped down on the ground.

"Messy business," sighed Gary as he put his gun towards the small of his back.

Serena nodded, "There is only one way he could've gone, but it's there... right in the den. We'd be ambushed if we go there dressed like this!"

The brunet grunted his teeth, ransacking his brain to come up with a solution. Just then, his gaze landed on the two guards lying unconscious on the ground.

"Well, let's hope that their outfit isn't strapped to their bodies like their guns are."

The two of them walked right into the surveillance room after accidentally knocking into several other occupied ones.

"We're said," Gary accidentally voiced his feelings out loud.

The guard on the watch turned around, a frown etched on his face. "Who're you?"

"Mind your business," Gary said arrogantly.

"This is my business, who are you!"

"Clive" Gary showed the watched the orange striped on his uniform which had a gigantic letter 'a'. "Sergeant Clive."

The guard shot him a look of apology. "My apologies, Sergeant, I didn't expect to see you here... you look a little..."

"I look at what?!" He roared.

"Nothing, how may I be of use to you?"

Gary raised his eyebrow to establish authority. Serena didn't blame the poor watcher for mistaking Gary and Clive, they did share an uncanny resemblance.

She nervously looked at her watched hidden beneath her clothing. The virus they'd used to manipulate the security cameras were not going to last long, it was going to be detected in not less than one minute.

"I heard a voice coming from the vent," he said in a heavy voice, "I came to check the cams... why are these camera's not working?"

The watched frowned, "They lead to the bosses office, he doesn't like a security camera."

The brunet playfully hit his head, "I must've forgotten, but the boss isn't here, turn them on, I order you."

The watcher backed away from him, he was getting wary, Serena could easily read his expression.

"The boss is here, he didn't leave."

The two of them stared at each other for a moment. The watcher leaped towards the gigantic red button which Serena deduced was the alert. He slipped from his grip but the blonde body blocked him, her elbow found its way to the middle of his forehead, he dropped back with a cry,

Gary knocked him unconscious and the two of them stuffed him behind the counter.

"Come on, switch on those cameras."

Serena's fingers fumbled around the controls, trying to figure out which damn button was used for what.

"There, that one, use it."

Their luck was on fire, the switch worked.

The security cameras lit up in a jiffy. The two of them scoured the screens for the image of their partner Ash, but so far, they'd identified twenty armed guards on most of the exists except the one where Dawn and Spencer were packed.

"Rewind the tapes," Serena said.

"How?"

"Try pushing a button!"

After what seemed to be forever, the video feed rewinded.

"There!" Serena said in a hushed voice, "that's where the two of us split... Ash is headed that way... rewind that tape."

The tape rewinded, they saw Ash following the dark alley whose cameras had been previously switched off.

"Is Ash... talking to someone?" Asked Gary.

"It seems like it... he disappeared into that room... come on let's get there!"

Serena turned around to leave but Gary caught her wrist, she turned back and looked where her brother was pointing.

"We're exposed," he sighed, "we have to hurry."