Chapter 28:- Strike Team Beta

When she heard that it was strike team beta who answered their page, Serena's little hope was set on fire.

It had been months since she'd seen him. When she and Dawn had discovered own and called on the strike team, a part of her hoped that it would be strike team alpha, Ash and Gary, who would answer their page.

"It's a shame," said Dawn as they geared up, "I was hoping for alpha to answer."

"Why?"

"Because..." she sighed, "I wanted to rub it in Gary's face, his rotten, wretched face."

Serena chuckled, listening to Dawn complain about Gary never got old. It was actually pretty interesting to hear new insults, Dawn was so creative at coming up with them.

"I'm a little surprised you're not..." Dawn nudged her face, "you know." She nudged again.

"Are you... having a stroke?"

She sighed, "Come on, Serena. You know I know."

"Know what?"

She gave her a I know you know look.

"I... don't understand."

Dawn clenched her fists and grunted. "You practically told me you... had a crush on Ash! You were thinking about baby names!"

Serena laughed nervously. Is it this obvious?

"It was the unknown messing with my mind, Dawn." She buckled the EM ball and passed one to her blue friend. "I don't have a crush on Ash, he's a... friend."

"That's what I said about Kenny."

"Who's Kenny?"

Dawn smirked, "Exactly!" She walked out of the door screaming I see love in my future.

"That woman is crazier than this situation." Serena mumbled.

Calem was the opposite of Ashton, Serena learned it when he started shooting at them in the tunnel where the unown was buried.

"What's happening?!" Screamed Dawn as she dodged the fire, "we're under attack!"

They were not, in between the cross fires and the lasers, Serena could see the Beta engrossed on one of the helmets the shooter was wearing. Stupid Calem had mistaken Dawn and Serena as the Apocalypse, their sworn enemies.

"Set the lasers to stun!" Serena told Dawn, "cover me!"

Serena raised her arms and stood in between the cross fire. "Stop!" She cried, "stop it, it's Strike Tean Gamma!"

By the time her voice reached their ears, it was a little too late. A green laser made its way towards her hand, piercing her arm. A cry escaped her lips as she dropped her guns and fell down on the ground.

"Serena?" Said a throaty voice, "oh! Oh! Oh no!"

Calem rushed to her side. "I'm sorry!" He tried to pick her up but Dawn shoved him aside, "we were given intel that there was a third party involved! We thought you were the third party!"

"Shove off Xavier!" Serena cried, "Arceus! You shot me!"

Calem grunted his teeth and sank on the floor, he took off his helmet with the letter beta engraved and put it down on the ground. "It's just a laser," he said grumpily, "it's not like-"

Before he could finish, Dawn took out her gun and shot Calem in the arm. It didn't pierce through his skin just grazed from the corner.

"Ouch!" He screamed much louder than Serena had, "you're a little b-"