Chapter 21:-Knuckles Hurt

Grace didn't go to her room when she left the living room, instead, she went out of the manor in search of Ailsa. She wasn't anywhere near the yellow stones and Grace didn't predict her to be, after all, according to the sixty-year-old, taking the same path as everyone else was the first step towards self-annihilation.

Grace grunted as she went out of the door and towards the back of the manor. As she ran, Grace understood why the manor was called impregnable. It's stone walls were incredibly large and garnished with spikes being impassable to ladders or thieves, it being the sole reason it stood guard against all the odds even after being vacant for more than twenty years.

By the time she reached the back of the Manor, Ailsa was already there, leaning against the cold stones. Grace stopped running and glared at Ailsa for a moment. She was wearing her brown shades and looked as if she expected Grace to come. Besides Ailsa was a Xovier armored jeep, Camouflaged in appearance.

"You took forever to come," Ailsa said as she removed her shades.

Grace balled her fists in anger as she marched towards her, "How did you know I was coming?"

Ailsa laughed, "Well I insulted your baby girl, didn't I? Naturally mommy dear had to come."

Grace didn't know what to say, she was fuming with rage because no one could ever insult her daughter, especially not in front of her. "Why did you do it?" she asked her.

Ailsa put her hand on Grace's shoulder, "You know why." she said, "she has a destiny, doesn't she? Or did you forget about her parentage?"

"I didn't forget," Grace answered. "I wasn't meant to have her in the first place." Grace lowered her gaze down at her feet.

"And why is that?" she asked as she caressed her face.

"B-because..." her voice broke. 

Ailsa hushed her by putting a finger over her lips, "Poor Mark was so devastated when he found out."

Grace's jaw dropped dead. Her eyes became bloodshot and her mouth ran dry. "What?" she implored. "What the hell did you do?"

"Oh I didn't do anything," Ailsa shrugged. "He found out himself."

Grace shrieked in frustration, her blood started boiling. She balled her fist in anger, she wanted to scream, scream so loud that her veins would burst. Grace punched the stone wall in bitterness and outrage until her knuckles began to crack.

"Acting out won't help you," Ailsa said passively. "It has never helped you."

Grace clenched her jaw, seeing Ailsa react so stagnantly, her blood began to evaporate. "Why,"  she said in a low voice, "Why the hell would you do that to me?"

Ailsa laughed, "I did nothing." she said as she shrugged. "Everything that happened to you, you brought it upon yourself."

Grace wiped a drop of tear that had somehow escaped her eye. She wiped the blood off her knuckles with a handkerchief even though she didn't want to. Blood rarely bothered her anymore, even she had seen it since the day she was born. The reason she was so violent was that that was the way she was brought up. Back when she used to live with her parents, violence was how her day started. Grace always pretended that she didn't give a damn to people or love. But the truth was, she was sad and desperate for it.