Chapter 41:- Into The Unown-Part 1

Gary saw a black-haired woman over his head as his eyes slowly opened. She had bright blue eyes and the darkest hair.

"Come on sweetie," she was saying, "it's time to wake up."

His eyes slowly fluttered open at the sound of her sweet voice. A strange sense of nostalgia took over him, he hadn't heard the voice in a long time and he had not expected to, at least not while he was alive.

"Mommy?" He croaked.

"Yeah, baby?" Said Bethany, her cerulean blue eyes were alive with love and enthusiasm, "get ready, I'm made your favorite breakfast!"

She left the room as swiftly as she'd come in.

Gary looked around and found himself in his old bedroom, not the one at his Grandpa's home, but the one at his home. The one she shared with his parents back when his mother was still alive.

He had just woken up from a horrible nightmare, he'd dreamed that his mother had died when he was five and his father abandoned him and just when everything was working fine in his life, he'd been called to a strange academy.

But it was all just a nightmare, right?

He stood in front of a mirror, he was far younger than he'd been in the nightmare before he woke up. He looked fifteen or fourteen.

Gary put on his cubone slippers and walked towards the dining room. Bethany was humming melodiously while flipping pancakes, wearing the same floral apron ever since Gary was a little child. On the table, Charlus was wearing his maroon robe which had little Silver conference trophies on it, he was reading a newspaper with a whimsical expression.

Gary sat across from him, "Morning dad,"

Charles smiled, "Morning son! Your grandparents are excited to work with you!"

"Work with me?" He asked confusingly, "grandparents?"

Charlus frowned, "You're starting your job today, aren't you? With Samuel and Ailsa?"

"Call them mom and dad!" Bethany squatted his arm with a utensil.

Charlus laughed, "Boy, I talked with James the other day." He put down the paper. "So apparently, James thinks that we should let go of our title."

"Why?" Asked Bethany.

"His son wants to challenge us both for the title of Master."

"Ash is gunning for Pokemon Master?" Asked Gary. "At this young age?"

Charlus frowned, "Who's Ash? I'm talking about Christopher. Boy, someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed."

Gary smiled nervously.

In his nightmare, James Red Raider was dead and his son was named Ash. Gary had forgotten that he had woken up from the nightmare.

"James will do that?" Bethany severed them plates of pancakes with tons of syrups along with two glasses of freshly squeezed berry juice.

"Of course he will," Charlus sighed as he cut his pancake, "he's crazy for his boy... that's the kind of thing that spoils a kid!"

Bethany eyed him.

"Except our little fuzzball of course," he said with a mouthful of pancake.

"He isn't spoilt," he started to eat his mother's special pancakes but someone they didn't taste the same, something was missing, a key ingredient.