Chapter 10:- Catching up, aren't we?

Walking inside the Manor was like remembering words to an old forgotten song. It was tier some and full of reminiscence.

When he was a kid, Raider Manor used to be his favorite landmark. He came every day and never got tired of doing so. As twisted as he was, James was the opposite of him. Charlus became easily irritated and agitated while James had the patience of a mountain. Back in their days, Charlus would've never imagined a life without James. James was like a rope which protected Charlus from hurling himself over the cliff.

And yet there he was, walking inside the Manor without James.

It was always James and Charlus, it was never just Charlus.

As if walking inside the gold plated living room wasn't enough, Charlus subconsciously found himself stealing glances at Gralice on their way in. He wasn't proud of it because he did love his eye.

As far as he knew, she never really like her name, she always went by Grace. She had grown a lot over the years, Grace was the youngest when she'd joined the chamber, she pretended that she was seventeen but somehow he knew that she was way younger. Her bouncy brown hair flew behind her as she walked alongside Delia chatting as if they never left.

Once or twice she would turn and Charlus would act as if he wasn't looking at her. It wasn't until she caught him staring at her that she finally snapped, "Quite staring if you love that eye!"

If he was any younger, he would've made a haughty remark and they would've broken into another war.

Back in the academy, the fights between Charlus and Grace used to be classic. Sometimes they ever fought more than Delia and James. Seeing her annoyed, Charlus felt as if he was on the top of the world. He loved annoying her and loved his regular fights with her. Deep down, he knew that she felt the same way.

But then things changed when Bloody Mark Jorum and his perfect hair came in their way. Grace started to spend more time with him and less time fighting him.

Charlus felt betrayed as if someone had taken a huge chunk of the piece out of his cookie. He wasn't sure how Grace felt, but he was sure how he did. To him, It was obvious that she didn't feel the same way.

And after seeing her hurriedly put on her clothes and leave his home as if the night they spent was just a mistake, it was known. The last time he saw her was walking hand in hand with Mark on the day of James's funeral. According to what he'd heard from Delia, she even had a daughter.

Annoyed wasn't the right word, Charlus wondered miserably. The word was jealous.

And then Charlus met Bethany, the love of his life and they spent wonderful five years together but then just like James and Grace, she was taken away from him too. And now, he didn't have James nor Bethany or Grace, he was too alone and too bitter to be alive.

"The place hasn't changed a bit," Grace said as she gaped at the gigantic living room.

"I had it clean," Delia said as she sat on the white sofa with a golden frame.

Before Charlus could sit next to Delia, Grace leaped in front of him.

"The place if full." She said arrogantly.

Charlus chuckled to himself as he sat on the sofa next to them. Two of them then started at the mantelpiece above the fireplace while Grace gaped like a fool at the interior of the Manor as if it was her first time visiting the place.