Chapter 32:- M-Unowns

He was thankful for the midnight curfew in the hospital wing because if he had to listen to anymore of Dawn's bragging, he seriously would have considered killing himself.

And it was a tough decision considering how much he loved himself.

The only two visitors he was glad to see were Delia and Serena, the latter had shown when he was under a high dose of anaesthesia and he might've said something more snarky than what usually came out of his mouth because Serena had left the room with a scowl.

By the time morning came, Gary was feeling much better. His chest no longer burned and his bones no longer ached, he could move, sit and easily admire himself in the mirror which was on the nightstand right next to him.

That's what he'd said to Serena! That his face was worth more than Serena's entire adult career.

"Arceus," he sighed, "I've got to apologise."

The cute doctor came to remove his cast sooner than he'd expected. He tried hitting on her but then he noticed the Adam's apple on her throat. It didn't take him long to realise that the cute doctor was a man.

Soon after the man left, another came in. He was dressed head to toe in black and wore an earpiece. His nails were perfectly trimmed and his hair in a perfect buzz cut.

"Your presence is needed." He said as he gave him the grey clothes they'd worn back in the Academy.

Gary nodded, "Where is the wheelchair?"

The man did answer.

"I'm still a patient."

He still did not answer. Gary cursed wonderful words beneath his breath and quickly changed into the dull grey clothes.

He did not need a wheelchair but the day full of rest, hospitality and warmth had taken him back to his spoiled days when his convertible used to have a seat warmer and there were girls all around him, boosting his self confidence.

"Those where the good days..." he sighed as he walked out of the hospital wing as fit as a fiddle.

The man led him inside a conference room which had the same view of the sea like his room. It was already filled with his friends along with Dawn and Calem; both of whom he certainly did not consider his friends. There was also his grandmother in a fresh red pencil skirt dress and a maroon scarf, sitting at the head of the table. Her silver hair were combed neatly and there was a usual bitchy expression on her face.

Gary saw Serena and Ash at the opposite ends of the conference table, both of them had a slightly tinted face. Dawn was sitting next to Serena and so was Calem. There was also Delia right next to Ash and two or three other people he did not know. He couldn't help but wish for Charlus to be there instead of the strangers.

He had a feeling they were waiting for him.

"Nice of you to join us," she sighed while arrowing him to take a seat.

Gary pushed himself between Serena and Calem as a sort of apology to Serena and out of friendship to Ash.

"What the-" Calem grunted.

"Don't mind me," Gary smiled, "I'm so high on painkillers."

Ash gave him a thumbs up.

A deliberate cough echoed in the air, grabbing each of their attention.

Ailsa looked at Delia, as if a glance was more than enough for her.

"Right," Delia cleared her throat, "our contacts in Cedar city have successfully rescued one unown with the lost of one member of Accessory-one squad and the—"